[Pictures of problem] Reverse x16 PCIE extender, possible?

jarjar

Oct 7, 2017
So I got a X9DRG-HF and I am trying to fit it into a 1U with a few video cards. but its damn impossible to attach a video card to the right on it as the PCIE x16 are facing forward and you cannot plug the riser that way, it needs to reverse/miror.flip itself, so the card keeps facing down.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

(because forum upload was failing)

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
those MB are made for specific riser cards. your best bet to not use the riser cards. would to use the ribbon cable extenders.

Chris

jarjar

Oct 7, 2017
those MB are made for specific riser cards. your best bet to not use the riser cards. would to use the ribbon cable extenders.

Chris
Could you recommend a good place for ribbon cable extenders? I got some from china/random amazon sellers, and a few dont work at all or something. The system fails to poweron or if it does the card does not show under lspci.

Tha_14

Server Newbie
Mar 9, 2017
Could you recommend a good place for ribbon cable extenders? I got some from china/random amazon sellers, and a few dont work at all or something. The system fails to poweron or if it does the card does not show under lspci.
Chinese ribbon cable extenders are the worst. Very unrealiable and there are rumors of causing hardware failures.