Picked up a Serveraid m5110, how do i activate features on demand for Raid 6?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Huy Le

Dec 1, 2015
Well i didn't pick it up, got it for free actually (and free beats paying). Came with 1 GB cache

I'm going to order the cache vault here LSI Logic Cache Vault Power Module 02 (CVPM02) for LSI9266/9270/9271/9286. With 9" Short Cable.@ SCSI4ME.COM

The only thing is, i have no idea how to input in a feature on demand key for the unit. Unit comes with raid 5 and cache offload unlimited, but i need raid 6. All the IBM/lenovo articles seem complicated, i have to run a IBM management software to activate a key for the raid controller? :mad: I can't even find a step by step how to for this.

Was wondering if anyone knew or had a guide to adding a FOD key.

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
Here are the activation guide links I have found- actual doc for LSI is a link about halfway down the page:

LSI: MegaRAID Advanced Software Licensing
IBM/Lenovo: IBM Redbooks | Using System x Features on Demand

Now- it sounds like you can convert the 22 character FoD code that you get from whichever vendor you use-- but honestly, it's not clear. I am waiting on a Raid6 letter/code from Provantage ($52.xx plus shipping), so I hope to find out soon.

Good luck!
(Edit for minor format issue)