[Phone & FaceTime] Seeking Paid help to setup homelab pfSense with VLANs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tommybackeast

Jun 10, 2018
I'll start : I am looking to pay someone for phone help in setting up my homelab. I have good hardware (dedicated box for pfSense with intel 520-da2 ; Brocade 7250-48p top of rack, Brocade 7150-c12p downstream switch for home-office; Ruckus r510 AP, Synology NAS, Dell server running ESXi for VMs. common collection of Apple and Android phones and tablets, PC Workstation, laptops.

I have spent hours watching videos on VLANS and how to setup a secure home network and I do not get 'it' ; however, I know myself, I am smart and learn by doing something while someone is helping me .

Setup pfSense new install (ZFS RAID1); design my VLAN IP structure (right now, everything is 192.168.1.0/24).

I am thinking VLANS of : management, LAN-only items with no internet in or out ; Printer VLAN ; VOIP VLAN ; guess, etc

Setup VLANs, DNS, DHCP on pfSense box & Brocade 7250-48p. Once that is done, wish list is then clean up my ESXi vSphere network as I know its not done right.

Also, I know good Security is a giant pain the ass, but that's my desire - good homelab security.

This is home use and not a business, and while I have no set sum of $ in mind, gently said, it's not going to be the sums a business would pay. USA - East Coast. can be done daytime, nighttime or weekend. If my screens need to be seen to make your help easier, facetime or Signal video to show my screens (you can leave your camera off). For security reasons, i will not allow anyone to remote in to my LAN.

Payment via Paypal

Reactions: Samir

sth

Oct 29, 2015
I'll start : I am looking to pay someone for phone help in setting up my homelab. I have good hardware (dedicated box for pfSense with intel 520-da2 ; Brocade 7250-48p top of rack, Brocade 7150-c12p downstream switch for home-office; Ruckus r510 AP, Synology NAS, Dell server running ESXi for VMs. common collection of Apple and Android phones and tablets, PC Workstation, laptops.

I have spent hours watching videos on VLANS and how to setup a secure home network and I do not get 'it' ; however, I know myself, I am smart and learn by doing something while someone is helping me .

Setup pfSense new install (ZFS RAID1); design my VLAN IP structure (right now, everything is 192.168.1.0/24).

I am thinking VLANS of : management, LAN-only items with no internet in or out ; Printer VLAN ; VOIP VLAN ; guess, etc

Setup VLANs, DNS, DHCP on pfSense box & Brocade 7250-48p. Once that is done, wish list is then clean up my ESXi vSphere network as I know its not done right.

Also, I know good Security is a giant pain the ass, but that's my desire - good homelab security.

This is home use and not a business, and while I have no set sum of $ in mind, gently said, it's not going to be the sums a business would pay. USA - East Coast. can be done daytime, nighttime or weekend. If my screens need to be seen to make your help easier, facetime or Signal video to show my screens (you can leave your camera off). For security reasons, i will not allow anyone to remote in to my LAN.

Payment via Paypal
drop me a mail, I might be able to help. Alternatively, enable conversations on your profile here.

Last edited:

kapone

May 23, 2015
I'd love to help, won't even charge you for it (there are easier ways to make money), but my hands, feet, neck, head, everything is full of to-dos, especially with two toddlers. If you can work with my VERY erratic schedule and non-availability quite often, drop me a line.

tommybackeast

Jun 10, 2018
I'd love to help, won't even charge you for it (there are easier ways to make money), but my hands, feet, neck, head, everything is full of to-dos, especially with two toddlers. If you can work with my VERY erratic schedule and non-availability quite often, drop me a line.
replied to privately, thank you

Reactions: Samir

Bigchew

Aug 26, 2019
This looks like A good place to post my request as well .. I Am Kinda Looking For The Same/similler Help With PfSense But Just Geting Ports open For Plex,& Some Games ! I Have 3 Difrent Dual Xeon Servers That I Built ,2 Run UnRaid & 1 Runs Free/TrueNas all are Supermicro other than the Dell R210 II with a 64Gb sata ssd, Quad core Xeon & 8Gb of ecc Ram & a Dual Port Nic Plus The Built In..I am Trying To Find the Idrac 6 Enterprise but i have Bought 2 Difrent ones & Wont Work..(Bad Luck) or What..But Like I Said I Mainly Just need a little help with PfSense Ports..& Yes I Have Watched 1,000 yt videos But i Still Cant Get It !