Pfsense 2.0.3 release to 2.1.0 automatic upgrade

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

OBasel

Dec 28, 2010
Want to get experiences with the automatic updates of Pfsense. Worth trying? Does the configuration survive?

Leemur

Sep 30, 2013
Denmark
Hi OBasel,

I upgraded the other day without problems, but always take a backup before doing a change like that; either within Pfsense or a snapshot of the system.

Andyreas

Jul 26, 2013
Sweden
Hi OBasel. I did it on two separate instances and had no problem what so ever. Gonna migrate from 64bit to 32bit so solve the PPTPproblems too and I hope I won't run in to any config issues there either.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Here is an interesting one for you. The installation went without a hitch. Having an issue both in 2.0.3 and 2.1-release:

Having a completely crazy issue here: the DHCP Leases Page on the WebGUI will not load.

Here's what I did:
1. Tried accessing the page from Status -> DHCP Leases - this did not work
2. Tried loading another page then navigating to Status -> DHCP Leases - again waited 10 minutes and it did not load
3. Upgraded from 2.0.3-Release to 2.1-Release (which includes a reboot)
4. Tried using 2.1-Release to go to DHCP Leases - again this did not work
5. Tried going Status -> DHCPv6 Leases and it worked without issue

Prior to the upgrade/ reboot and for 180 days straight the DHCP leases page came up quickly whenever requested.

On uptime day 181+ this issue occurred. Reboot did not fix.
Posted this on the pfsense forums.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Strange part is that I still cannot get the DHCP service to load!