PDU and 24-port switch combo!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Ok, that's awesome.

I wish the PDU was more robust though, kind of prevents it for anything but home use IMHO.
Would be great if it did monitoring + management on the PDU.

Switch + Managed/Monitored PDU w/ 10Gig uplinks = dream

Biren78

Jan 16, 2013
It is also a ~$200 item on Amazon.com. Even something like the Mikrotik CRS226 integration would cost much more. I'd agree though. 15A + 2 front mounted plugs, a LCD with the amps being used and remote on/ off functionality at like $300 would be amazing. For smaller installations, just putting all of the management stuff on the gb ports and then using a real switch or two would be great. Easy to segment everything for a VPN management network and you'd have server chassis power plus the remote PDU.

Reactions: T_Minus

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
if this was a "smart" (web) managed switch I would think about getting one. since it is not. too many other cheaper options out there.

fills the cool gadget list though.

Chris

Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Hell, I'd gladly plop down $1500 for a 12 Port smart 10GigE Switch w/ 2 SFP+ 10gig, and 8 port managed/monitored PDU.

They should be able to add the PDU functionality for a little extra $ and the profit from the 10GigE switches could help :)
That would be nice.

Then again, you can get high quality PDUs for cheap they just eat up 1U.