PDF Reader w/ sign option

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I have been using FoxIt for years to open PDFs and to fill forms and sign them, and despite the many security issues its been a fairly good experience.

Now after updating to yet another new version i noticed that I cannot sign documents any more. Or to be more precise I can sign them, but I can't save them any more without logging in to a FoxIT account. Yeah - no thanks.

I would have opened a ticket to ask if they have lost their mind are serious about this, but guess what that needs ... an account o/c.

So, now the quest for an alternative begins - Windows, free, lightweight, no spyware ... anything that comes to mind?

Thanks

Reactions: PeterF

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I rolled back my FoxIT to an earlier version, just because I liked having the print to pdf feature. I have been a FoxIT fan since it came on market. I can only guess that it was decided that was a premium feature and not for the freeloaders like myself :)
I too would like to move to something more like FoxIT was in the early days.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
A jpg/ping I can drop in as it worked with foxit previously would be my primary choice. Anything digital needs a chain of trust to work... also not sure if that's accepted widely yet.