PCIe Bifurcation on Supermicro x9dr7-ln4f

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cornbread

Aug 2, 2020
I'm trying to set the pcie bifurcation option on an x16 slot to x4x4x4x4. I've updated to the latest BIOS (3.3) and the options are present in BIOS but when I try to change the option from x16, the only choice is x16. All the other slots are the same - they only have the one option they are currently set to. I've read a ton of other posts and material with people getting bifurcation to work properly on X9 boards but I've never seen anyone with my exact model of motherboard (x9dr7-ln4f). Anyone know if theres an issue with this board in particular or if maybe I'm doing something wrong or missed something?

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
The X9s are very hot or miss as to whether they work with birurcation or not. I had three X9 motherboards, all of which stated they supported bifurcation, but I could never et it to work.

cornbread

Aug 2, 2020
The X9s are very hot or miss as to whether they work with birurcation or not. I had three X9 motherboards, all of which stated they supported bifurcation, but I could never et it to work.
When you tried - were you able to select settings other than the base and it didn't work for your application or was it like mine - only one option for each slot?
I've seen other people with X9 boards where they were able to select x4/x4 and it ended up still not working for multiple drives, but I'd at least like to be able to get to the point like that, where I can change the setting, if possible.

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
When you tried - were you able to select settings other than the base and it didn't work for your application or was it like mine - only one option for each slot?
I've seen other people with X9 boards where they were able to select x4/x4 and it ended up still not working for multiple drives, but I'd at least like to be able to get to the point like that, where I can change the setting, if possible.
Youre right. I was able to select 4x4x4x4, but it was still only able to see one drive.