PCIE 3 x8 adapter for OCP 2.0 cards - $18

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
Great insights that pretty much nails what I was trying to say. As far as finding out where a pcb came from, it would be easy because as you said most of it is coming from china and sloppy solder is sloppy solder. Also, most pcbs will say on them somewhere the country of origin, lol.

Yes, avoiding for going boom is a good thing. And it doesn't hurt that avoiding them also doesn't support 'not friendly to the Western world'.
Long live the chinese overlords...we pay you homage with our purchases...oh, bring your mighty way of doing things to the world and lift us out of darkness and into the light where ignorance is bliss until you cross a line and are eliminated overnight. o_O

[sing in style of Billy Joel]
We didn't start the covid, it was always burning since the world was turning...
It's fine. These cards are going to good use in my setup at home now. Plus if you really want to avoid China-manufactured goods, good on you. I have no complaints.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
having a look at what I'm using right now. Converting OCP SAS 2308 and MCX341 to PCIe.

View attachment 34398View attachment 34399View attachment 34400View attachment 34401View attachment 34402
For some reason these remind me of those 'dimm stacker' adatpers for 30-pin simms to work in 72-pin sockets back in the day. They were great until prices dropped to the point no one cared for them anymore. It was a niche product for a niche time. I somehow think these will go that same way, and will also just be collector's items in the future.

Reactions: nexox and Fritz