PCI ARI Forwarding

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jpmomo

Aug 12, 2018
I recently got an asrock rack rome8 mb and am having a similar issue as I have seen with several other mbs. When I try to configure sriov on a dual port nic in vmware, it acts like it is configuring sriov with a certain # of VFs. However, it keeps reverting back to 0 VFs and the VFs never stick. On previous mbs I needed to either upgrade the bios when i brought this issue up (supermicro) or had to change some of the bios settings to get this to work. On the asrock rack rome8 mb, I have the original bios (p1.10) and the original fw/bmc 01.00.00. There is a newer bios of 1.30 and a fw/bmc of 01.10.00.
Thanks for any suggestions,
jp

jpmomo

Aug 12, 2018
just wanted to update everyone on my own topic just in case. I upgraded to the 1.30 bios and it fixed the issue. the bios had the sriov parameter option in an odd place in the old bios. the new bios put it back to the normal spot in the bios menu. I guess that is life on the bleeding edge! sometimes the bios giveth, sometimes it takes away!

Reactions: hmw

balnazzar

Mar 6, 2019
It's off topic, but you'd make me a favor if you could check..

Is the ROMED8 capable of entering in S3 acpi mode (suspend to ram)? To check it, just issue a "systemctl suspend" (or "powercfg /suspend" in windows). If it doesn't work, you won't break anything. Thanks.