PC "macro" Automation

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
I want to switch off my main control PC but its a PITA opening everything up again the next day. Has anyone any experience of the Windows macro automation out there that I could use to automate this e..g
robotask, winautomation, autohotkey. Or am I missing a trick in going down the ansible route?

kapone

May 23, 2015
Umm...Don't switch it off?

Use S3 sleep instead, everything remains open, it starts up in a heartbeat and consumes next to no power while sleeping.

Reactions: ecosse

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
Umm...Don't switch it off?

Use S3 sleep instead, everything remains open, it starts up in a heartbeat and consumes next to no power while sleeping.
Hmm thats an idea - I'll look at it over the weekend - thanks

mackle

Nov 13, 2013
I just started using suspend in Ubuntu, now that I don’t use my workstation as much as I use to, and it reduces my total tech power consumption considerably.

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
Just to note kind of worked. Problem is some of the remote console sessions time out which means I need to start them up again. The vCenter webpage timed out but I can reset the vcenter config to sort that out. Some more testing required but might still need the macro gig.