Pair of Dell X4012 12-port 10GbE Switches

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bilbo

Feb 19, 2016
Hey All,

Looking to ditch a couple of Dell X4012 12-port 10GbE half-width switches. They were bought as a proof of concept are in excellent condition with low hours used. We ended up needing something a little more robust feature-wise. Patrick posted an article about them if you are interested (linked below).

https://www.servethehome.com/dell-x4012-12-port-10gbe-switch-review/

I have the 1U rack kit with rails and will ship everything anywhere in the USA (Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, US Protectorates, APO/FPO) for asking price of $1,200. PM me for an offer or if you would like to pick up in NH. I will be slow to respond around the Holidays, but will get back to you.

Last edited:

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
This is super cool, I wish it were in my price range as I'd love to have something compact like this. GLWS.

Yarik Dot

Apr 13, 2015
btw: What features do you miss on that switches? We consider them as a pair of redundant L3 switches for our ceph cluster.

Bilbo

Feb 19, 2016
We were looking for a lower cost alternative to our Mellanox SX series. While have had some success with lower architecture Cisco switches in that role, we couldn't get the LACP active on these switches to link to our upstream properly. That is more of an issue with our network architecture in the end though.