p3700 400gb 2.5" $350

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Logan

Feb 22, 2017
@Logan did you real world test it or only benchmark tools?
I real world tested it. The benchmarks show the high performance at high queue depth, as expected. My workload, the reason I bought it, does not spend much time at high queue depths, though, and the overall benefit for me isn't that significant. In retrospect, I probably could have done more testing of my workload in advance and seen this coming, but the deal was too good to pass up. I'll use an S3700 instead. What I really probably need is to run everything in a memory, but, for that, I'd need a new system, and I don't see any appealing deals at the moment (thought hard about some Natex deals, but I think I'd prefer to wait and get something newer).

Reactions: Evan and T_Minus

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
I was told it might work with a HP maintenance CD in a non HP server but never got my hands on one to try it out;)

And
Intel DC P3700 400GB NVMe SSD U.2 2.5" Form Factor HP P/N 764891-001 MO0400KEFHN

From a helpful Ebay seller;)

Edit2: Its actually listed on the drive if I check the pics of the other seller. Same drive as yours btw, just a tad more expensive.
So I purchased Logan's drive.. did anyone happen to find a source for the "HP maintenance CD"? Preferably downloadable?

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
The same seller is selling these drives on eBay again. The price has risen to USD450. :(

NEW/SEALED INTEL SSD DC P3700 SERIES 400GB SSDPE2MD400G4P SAS | eBay
I've actually seen this seller let a number of very high end drives go at bargain basement prices.. often on no reserve auctions. His listed location is 15 miles from my house....

Maybe I can drop in and see if he has a warehouse/storage unit full of high end enterprise flash :eek:

Group buy anyone?

Reactions: Hal

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
The first rule about Fight Club (STH) is that you don't talk about Fight Club..... With eBay sellers

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Has anyone tried this PN:

This is as far as I've been able to get:

But all take you here:

When running a search for the HP Model: MO0400KEFHN it brings up the 12G SAS3 drives and does offer a firmware update..

Is it possible that these came from an HP rather than HPE system?

Edit: Here it is listed as an option on the Jan 2017 Platform Selection Guide:

And here it is listed with a newer FW revision HPK3 on the VMWare Compatability Guide:

Last edited:

vrod

Jan 18, 2015
God, sometimes I hate you americans.. you always get the dirt cheap deals over there. :D

Reactions: Hal

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Sorry to necro, but it might be of interest:

I managed to get at least a warranty status for these drives ...

Got the Serial from smartctl -a and used product code 736936-B21 on this page:

Select a product - HPE Support Center

This is from one of my older drives, so not to worry for this thread's deal P3700's;)
upload_2017-7-25_23-12-37.png

Unfortunately no updated firmware there ...

"Downloads for this product are not available through this website.

For Enterprise products you may find US-English downloads at the HPE Software Depot.
If you need additional help, you can contact your local HP representative for information on the specific update methods available for this product."
Will try to get my hands on a SPP CD...

Not sure how HP(E) handles support requests for in Warranty Items without Service contract ...

Edit: Some further generic details for performing further searches:

Product Number : 736936-B21
Description : HPE 400GB NVME X4 LANES WRITE INTENSIVE SFF (2.5IN) SCN 3YR WTY SSD
Part Number: 765059-001
Description: 400GB NVMe Solid State Drive (SSD) - Non-Volatile Memory express (NVMe) interface, Write Intensive (WI), 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF), mainstream endurance (ME), Smart Carrier 2 (SC2), power loss protection (PLP) - Supports select Gen9 servers

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So further update - it seems that HPE will cover the warranty for individuals without support contract or anything (ie without HP server) based on the disk status.

I was able to open a service request to obtain HKP3 firmware referenced on vmware HCL - they couldn't provide it yet but at least they are happy to help.

Reactions: Logan and zeynel