p3700 400gb 2.5" $350

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Logan

Feb 22, 2017
Tracking shows mine in transit, estimated delivery Monday. Should I order an adapter now or wait until I have it in hand?

Reactions: zeynel

Logan

Feb 22, 2017
any "cheap" source for some pcie adapter ?

send by mobile device
There are many for $12+shipping from China like this: PCIe x4 to U.2 SFF-8639 Intel 750 series 2.5" NVMe PCIe SSD adapter card

Seems to be the same for $27 on Amazon.com, with faster shipping, but the description (#4) says M.2 instead (typo?): Amazon.com: XINY PCI-E 3.0 x4 Lane to U.2 U2 Kit SFF-8639 Host Adapter for Intel Motherboard & 750 NVMe PCIe SSD: Electronics

And some with a hole: JZLL U.2 PCIe(SFF-8639) to PCI-E X4 3.0 Adapter U.2 NVMe SSD PCIe Card Intel 750 | eBay

Also this type, don't know which is better: Sintech U.2 SFF-8639 NVMe SSD to PCI-e 4X 3.0 adapter with Cable for Intel 750 | eBay

I have no experience with any of these. Have only read about the more expensive Funtin adapter in these forums.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
i would prefer those with the holes. my 3.8TB nvme becomes pretty warm.

send by mobile device

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Got some of the JZLL's, contacted the seller via Ebay to get a discount;)
Had some issues with properly identifying the carrd in ESX (was always detected as generic not specific modell) but couldnt really track it down to the adapter, so I'd think it should be ok. Still using them :)

Logan

Feb 22, 2017
Got some of the JZLL's, contacted the seller via Ebay to get a discount;)
Had some issues with properly identifying the carrd in ESX (was always detected as generic not specific modell) but couldnt really track it down to the adapter, so I'd think it should be ok. Still using them :)
Thanks for the feedback about the JZLL. Also considering this, available through Amazon.com with fast shipping: Ableconn Technologies

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Also considering this, available through Amazon.com with fast shipping: Ableconn Technologies
Those look interesting since they dont require extra SATA power...

I also have Sintech and its nice b/c it fits 2U, but its a short cable and I couldnt fit my drive well anywhere so I currently don't use it. Also it has a cheaper feel to it due to the shielded cable. At least it's shielded;)

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
What about the Funtin adapter? Seller was on here, they're on ebay and amazon too.

I have 2, both work. Something wrong with t hem @Patrick just curious ?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
What about the Funtin adapter? Seller was on here, they're on ebay and amazon too.

I have 2, both work. Something wrong with t hem @Patrick just curious ?
I end up buying many different components instead of standardizing in some categories like this.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
He messaged me back some bullshit about he's selling them for a friend, and they're at his friends house, and his friend "must have sold them in person" and he will have to cancel the purchase.
A couple of years ago I bought a used BMW instrument cluster from an eBay seller - I wanted to pick a surface-mount LED off it to replace one BMW forgot to install in my car :eek:.

When it arrived and I opened it up, I discovered lots of broken / missing parts (somebody beat me to it). I contacted the seller and asked for a refund and after some back-and-forth, the seller agreed to a refund because he was "selling it for his brother, who replaced the one in his car". After looking for another cluster to buy, I noticed the same seller had 6 or 7 others listed on eBay. I asked him "So, how often does your brother change his instrument cluster, anyway?" :confused:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
@Patrick ok that makes 100% sense

@whitey yep me too. I have 1 of each. one of their V1s that was given to me, and one I purchased with the cut out, for testing/ the $ I can't complain and converting 2.5 to PCIE is realy useful actually if density isn't a concern.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Got a Funtin as well - from @whitey originally;) as they are not available here. Its the sturdiest of them all I'd say but also the most expensive.
Not sure whether its worth the money, seems an awful lot for a piece of PCB, but that is a flaw most of them have.
Can't go wrong with it;)

Last edited:

Logan

Feb 22, 2017
Received P3700, Funtin adapter arrives tomorrow. Will report. Couldn't get anything from HP's warranty site (or Intel's). Arrived sealed as shown in auction.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
mine are also received at my forwarder. it will take a while to get them to germany.

send by mobile device

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
Received P3700, Funtin adapter arrives tomorrow. Will report. Couldn't get anything from HP's warranty site (or Intel's). Arrived sealed as shown in auction.
mine are also received at my forwarder. it will take a while to get them to germany.

send by mobile device
Let me know if you guys have extras or decide not to keep the drive. I missed out on the auction :(