Overclocking SOC and RAM voltage on Supermicro H11DSI?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AmusiaPrussia

Apr 4, 2020
Hi guys,
I recently bought two Epyc 7551 ES chips from eBay and have been encountering memory instability issues.
I followed another post here about 1st gen Epyc overclocking using Zenstates and I'm currently running 3.3GHz 1.175V with SMT off on both chips with only VRM cooling being a real issue (well, that and a memory channel not working on one of the chips, CPU 1 DIMM E). Pushing 3.4GHz leads to instabilities with overcurrent protection preventing higher clocks.

Anyway, my issue is that I am getting memory errors reported in IPMI with hard crashes, when I am running at stock (16gb Micron DIMMs at 2133MHz CL15). I was wondering if there was any way for me to overclock the SOC (asking about SOC voltages as they are currently below 0.9V, when I would run 1.05V on my old 2700X for memory stability) and ram voltages for increased stability and potentially add the ability to push 2666MHz on them. I'm running an unlocked BIOS version 1.0c, firmware version 01.52.00 but can't find any settings for voltage control apart from that for CPUs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached some images of the crashes from Health Event Log, Zenstates settings and HWiNFO64.

upload_2020-4-4_18-33-20.png

upload_2020-4-4_18-35-24.png
upload_2020-4-4_18-36-16.png

Reactions: alex_stief

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
Just letting you know that I searched for the same settings in version 1.3 of the unlocked bios. Without success.
Since you get memory errors even when running at DDR4-2133, I would not put too much hope into increasing SOC voltage.
Are you 100% sure that your DIMMs are good? Tested in a different system? What does SuperDoctor have to say about the status of your DIMMs?
Some people had a lot of trouble getting all memory channels working properly on SP3 sockets. A lot of re-seating and being very specific about the torque of the 3 socket screws was needed. I never encountered that, despite tightening the screws to taste with a regular screwdriver. But maybe something you could try. And as always with memory channels not showing up: check the socket for bent/missing pins, and the CPU for visible damage.

Last edited: