Overclock your AMD Epyc

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Possums

Sep 8, 2018
Hey guys,

Currently running a H11Dsi-NT with two ES Epycs (1.6ghz).
I'm having trouble getting the system to boot an operating system.
Linux distributions only boot with acpi=off (which disables hyperthreading), and windows installers crash.
I'm on 1.1c, the latest BIOS available.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I appear to be running the same ES CPU as MrCake, who is using BIOS 1.0c.
Could my BIOS version be the problem?

Last edited:
Reactions: xdregox

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
Hey guys,

Linux distributions only boot with acpi=off (which disables hyperthreading), and windows installers crash.

Yes, try downgrading the bios. As written in the start post I encountered problems with the newer agesa updates and windows.

MrCake117

Feb 28, 2019
Japan
Hey guys,

Try to boot with Core performance boost disable at first
If not working I’ll try to share a copy of my bios

Possums

Sep 8, 2018
Unfortunately, disabling core performance boost somehow makes the system hang at DXE--CPU Initialization.
I'll leave the system running overnight to see if it just needs a bit more time.
It'd be great if you could share a copy of your bios.

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
Unfortunately, disabling core performance boost somehow makes the system hang at DXE--CPU Initialization.
I'll leave the system running overnight to see if it just needs a bit more time.
It'd be great if you could share a copy of your bios.
You can also find archived bios version here:
https://www.thomas-krenn.com/de/download.html?product=17069

Leaving the system running is not going to help you with your problem.

I think you have to do the flash via ipmi, at least i couldn't downgrade with afuefi.

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
Well thanks guys I hit 3ghz all core on 2 7501 at 1.181v 8006 cinebench vrms go from 60c to 71c 160watts per cpu my tdp seems lock at 170watts so maybe 3.2g tops without custom vrm block about 220amps vrms currently.throttle around 268amps or 80c.disable above 4g decoding for Windows and disable acs for any Vega gpu on latest bios 1.1c

Reactions: Patriot and Patrick

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
much harder to run cinebench r20 got 19762 at 3.2g dual cpu 3.4 crashed stock 16000 on 2 epyc 7501

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
If anyone with a H11DSI-NT is feeling lucky here's a modded Bios (ver 1.0c) with hopefully a unlocked CBS Menu.

Only flash it if you're sure you can recover if it's not working, this is untested! It opens without any issues in AMI tools and displays all menus correctly but this does not necessarily mean it really works.

H11DSI_1_0c_CBS_Mod

MrCake117

Feb 28, 2019
Japan
If anyone with a H11DSI-NT is feeling lucky here's a modded Bios (ver 1.0c) with hopefully a unlocked CBS Menu.

Only flash it if you're sure you can recover if it's not working, this is untested! It opens without any issues in AMI tools and displays all menus correctly but this does not necessarily mean it really works.

H11DSI_1_0c_CBS_Mod
Well I tried, it post but CBS menu doesn't show up and I can't get acces to IPMI and Event logs menu.
Once I'm in "IPMI" or "Event logs" i cannot get out by pressing ESC,have to power cycle...
I get this instead.

Also i get a ton of extra PCIe slot options and some option are already preconfigured,coming from the H11DSU-iN i guess.

Imgur

Last edited:

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
Well I tried, it post but CBS menu doesn't show up and I can't get acces to IPMI and Event logs menu.
Once I'm in "IPMI" or "Event logs" i cannot get out by pressing ESC,have to power cycle...
I get this instead.

Also i get a ton of extra PCIe slot options and some option are already preconfigured,coming from the H11DSU-iN i guess.

Imgur
At least something from the cbs menu went somewhere. I'll give it another try but i'll probably end up in the winraid forum asking for help at some point.

Here you go:
H11DSI_1_0c_CBS_Mod2

Last edited: