Overclock your AMD Epyc

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RageBone

Jul 11, 2017
Ok, well, i'd really appreceate the "custom made" chinesium version : D

Did you crack it open to see what's inside?

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
There's a siliconlabs c8051f342 on it, you can find chinese dongles with similar chips really cheap. Maybe i can find one with the same haven't done alot of digging yet. Cracking it open wasn't needed, it has a clear case and fancy LEDs on it, like you would expect from any development tools :p

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
That looks great but a threadripper 2990wx board requires 2 150 watt 8 pins plus a 4 pin of 24 pin power supply 50 watts plus beefy vrms to clock so more realistic is probably 3.4 g and as low voltage you can prime with or switch to half cores 3.8 or 4g 1.35 volts I think.but this is only going to help community as Rome probably will drop in and party will begin. Mine are retail will play with them as soon as I'm off nero.thankyou for your effort hope bios is useful for us.

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
I got a little update from a reddit user who seems to have found a way to use zenstates with dual CPU setups.
Well now I’m able to push up to 3,4ghz 1,2v on both cpu for a total cinebench score of 8100pts
I found a quick fix about zen state for 2 cpus configuration
Basically I have to go to task manager ,change the cpu group affinity of AsusZenstasteserver service, then apply the setting in ASUS zenstates

I also did a lot of probing on my USB005 yesterday and read my way into the world of MCUs. I ordered everything i need to build my own version and a chinese dev board with a similar chip for testing. I paid another 30€ for all parts including a debug-adapter/flasher for 8051 chips. A custom version of the usb to i2c tool should be around 15€ if everything works out.

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
Was looking at a gigabyte single socket board with 2 8 pin power but if I can get the dual supermicro up be cool. I was 7666 with one cpu clocked to all core 3ghz and other on performance boost at 3gh-2.5 all core.this will help for sure.figured it must be an affinity thing.thanks again for digging it up.

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
That bios do anything for you?
Had the same problem like the other modded bios versions had. It posts but has a blackscreen during that process, so i can't access the bios menu. I'm still trying to figure out if it's maybe a problem with my PCiE graphicscard. I have a vga monitor now to test it with the onboard gpu, but i also got a lot of other stuff to do with my VRM watercooling right now.

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
Had the same problem like the other modded bios versions had. It posts but has a blackscreen during that process, so i can't access the bios menu. I'm still trying to figure out if it's maybe a problem with my PCiE graphicscard. I have a vga monitor now to test it with the onboard gpu, but i also got a lot of other stuff to do with my VRM watercooling right now.

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
Yep have to pull video card and go to onboard vga have a Radeon pro ssg Vega based also pain

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
Although I got so feed up I shorted jumper pads on psp firmware which it says never to do then no more blackscreens after clear cmos or bios flash.think it clears old boot config completely

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
Yep have to pull video card and go to onboard vga have a Radeon pro ssg Vega based also pain
It's another problem with the modded bios. With a stock bios everything works fine if I do a small edit with ami bcp.
Can you post redit link
It's a direct chat, can't post it.
Vrm cooling be key for sure looking forward to pics when done
2 threads, some deburring+cleaning and it's ready for a test run.

(no I'm not trying to cool the chokes, it was just easier to mill it like that)

Last edited:
Reactions: RageBone

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
That looks great now 3.8 -4ghz all core will hold enjoy your 2 1950x I will need a different vrm block but I put some small fans on mine for now.

MrCake117

Feb 28, 2019
Japan
Hello

So about multiple CPUs configuration you just need to start AsusZenstates as usual,click on apply in order to apply your custom pstates settings to CPU0.

-Once is done go in task manager,find AsusZsSrv.exe (not AsusZenStates.exe) then click on define affinity.
-After you'll change Group 0 to group 1,check "use all core" and click Ok.
-Now you're able to modify the CPU1 pstates by clicking on apply in AsusZenstates app.

In order to revert to CPU0 just change group 0 and don't forget to check "use all core" in define affinity .
Each time you reboot the computer you'll need to apply this process.
If you get an "access denied" error when you want to change the cpu affinity just kill the process and restart it .

I also contacted supermicro in order to ask for a custom bios but they didn't approve my request unless you pay at least 500 motherboard/BIOS...

Imgur

I hope everything is clear for you

Thank you