UK Oracle Exadata - Maybe

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk
I know of an Exadata that's being decommissioned soon in the West London area.

It looks like it's an X4-2 Eighth rack,
2 'database' nodes of 2x E5-2697 v2, 256GB RAM, 40Gb IB networking, 10Gb Ethernet (optical)
3 'storage servers' with 36 cores, and 18 drives (unclear if they're 1.2TB 10k or 4TB 7,200), 4.8TB of smart flash (whatever Oracleness that is)

Sun/Oracle Infiniband networking at 40Gb/sec

IF I can get hold of it, would anyone be interested? It's unlikely to have any packing material, so collection only. Resisting the urge to get it for myself, I don't need 2.5kW of compute.

Reactions: ecosse

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
if you don't tell how much will you be selling it for, how are we going to know if we're interested or not?

Reactions: Bradford

VRuler

Feb 21, 2021
I'd be interested in "Infiniband networking at 40Gb/sec" but it depends at what price.

Railgun

Jul 28, 2018
The way it’s worded is it being scrapped or actually sold? If the former, I may grab something. If the latter…

2. You must not post just to gauge interest on items. Search for an appropriate price before posting. You must post a price or a list of items you are willing to trade for in your post. You may not have an auction style listing.

Reactions: Bradford