Optane P1600X 58GB $40

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
This deal will be back. If they're having to discount like this it's because they're just not selling the things. Most folks see $75+ for a 118GB SSD and think "WTH I can get a 1tb gen 4 SSD for that!" not realizing what this is.
concur. They did the same thing with the 960gb 905p's. they clearly had a lot of inventory they picked up - when they didn't move they'd do the flash sale and drop the price a bit. then back up. still had inventory so they dropped the anytime price - then another flash sale. gotchya is not knowing when they are getting close to emptying their inventory.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
This deal will be back. If they're having to discount like this it's because they're just not selling the things. Most folks see $75+ for a 118GB SSD and think "WTH I can get a 1tb gen 4 SSD for that!" not realizing what this is.
That's true, and for most people the 1TB SSD would be a better choice too.

that just leaves us people.

nutsnax

Nov 6, 2014
concur. They did the same thing with the 960gb 905p's. they clearly had a lot of inventory they picked up - when they didn't move they'd do the flash sale and drop the price a bit. then back up. still had inventory so they dropped the anytime price - then another flash sale. gotchya is not knowing when they are getting close to emptying their inventory.
Yeah that would be my only question; about how close are they to being out of these.

I'd like one to start flash-caching my regular SSD's but not at 75$. I almost bit at $60 and I may at some point down the road at that price.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Yeah that would be my only question; about how close are they to being out of these.

I'd like one to start flash-caching my regular SSD's but not at 75$. I almost bit at $60 and I may at some point down the road at that price.
if I can get more I'm going to move my slogs from 280gb 900p - much less wasted spce when you use the whole drive. then again I may also start manually adding slog on TNC/TNS and partition up the drive cause 118 is still an awful lot for a 10gbe link. 280's make a mightly fine system disk on a workstation or for a server that does not need HA boot. :p

Reactions: T_Minus

custom90gt

Nov 17, 2016
So awesome, I did end up picking up 3 more drives. They will probably go down in the near future though, lol.

ano

Nov 7, 2022
Eh… AICs are cheap. If you are pcie slot limited on a tiny board… but okay… still great
supermicro ones are the only ones working good ish though? and they are not that cheap

I haven't even found ones that work with PCIE 4.0, it links at that speed, but perform about 50% of the gen3 supermicro one (like linkreal etc)

DarthCirrus

Dec 12, 2022
I have not personally used these but Asus makes their Hyper (pcie4) line of cards with 4 m2’s and a heat sink for $75. The reviews I’ve read indicated full gen4 performance. They are not low profile though… Asus makes single m2 low profile ones

DarthCirrus

Dec 12, 2022
supermicro ones are the only ones working good ish though? and they are not that cheap

I haven't even found ones that work with PCIE 4.0, it links at that speed, but perform about 50% of the gen3 supermicro one (like linkreal etc)
Plus, why do you need gen 4 on your AIC, put Optane gen 3 m2’s in the AIC….

xijio

Feb 2, 2022
The 118gb is back to $60, for anyone that was on the fence, NewEgg did a price match for me via automated chat.

Aluminat

Jul 5, 2019
Reactions: Kahooli