Operating Temperatures for SuperMicro Motherboard?

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by NeverDie, Mar 18, 2015.

1. NeverDie

NeverDie Active Member

So far the only place I've found any indication as to permissible temperature ranges is from the temperature threshold defaults shown in the IPMI:
    thresholds.png
    Is the temperature range listed anywhere else, or is this what people go by when it comes to SuperMicro motherboards? I don't see any mention of the a temperature range for my X10SL7 motherboard on the SuperMicro website or in the user manual or quick reference guide.

2. ItsChrisG

ItsChrisG Active Member

What board is it? What chassis do you have it in?
    Look up the motherboard on the Supermicro site -- the environmentals are listed in the details.

3. ItsChrisG

ItsChrisG Active Member

Whoops - I missed your last sentence. I dont see it for the X10SL7-F either nor could I find it on Google ; however this board has the onboard LSI 2308 as well so I am sure it will need some more cooling over the top then other boards.
    I wouldn't worry as long as ambient temp is <~120F

Side question - where did you get your X10SL7-F from? I'm see a lot of talk about them recently -- did they just get blown out on eBay or something?

4. NeverDie

NeverDie Active Member

I'm not sure which of those sensor readings, if any, refers to the LSI temperature. I'd like to know though. I have 9 drives connected, and 3 of them are through the LSI as JBOD using IT mode. Would I get better performance connecting them all through the LSI? Another interesting question I'd like to know. Maybe spreading them out with 3 over the LSI, 2 over the 6GB SATA, and 4 over the 3GB SATA is less effective.

Bought it at NewEgg. It has the reputation of high compatibility with ESXi. Handling more than just 6 drives I'm sure helps its popularity also.