OmniOS ESXi NFS export not mounting anymore

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
So, I had this share setup and some of my vms running off the NFS share from my OmniOS server. After a reboot ESXi fails to mount the NFS share (it still works on the OmniOS server). I removed the datastore and tried to re-add it, but now I get this error.

he "Create NAS datastore" operation failed for the entity with the following error message.

An error occurred during host configuration.
NFS mount 192.168.172.9:/esxi-ssd/VMs failed: The NFS server does not support MOUNT version 3 over TCP.
Sysinfo set operation VSI_MODULE_NODE_mount failed with error status The NFS server does not support MOUNT version 3 over TCP.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
I have never had any problems with
- share NFS3 with default settings (just put it on)
- set ACL to fully open (Try ACL reset to everyone@=modify recursively)

ESXi should be 5.5U2

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
Thanks Gea, I'm running ESXi 5.5U2 (2456374). I had NFS on, and ACL set to everyone@=modify. I ended up turning off NFS again, rebooting the ESXi, and then re-exporting via OmniOS and it's been working great since then. I don't know why it stopped working, but when I've seen this error on Linux NFS shares it was a permissions problem, so somehow I must have goofed the permissions up. Thanks for you help!