OmniOS 151028 stable

Discussion in 'Solaris, Nexenta, OpenIndiana, and napp-it' started by gea, Sep 11, 2018.

1. gea

gea Well-Known Member

OmniOS 151028 stable, announced Nov 2018
    omniosorg/omnios-build

If you want to evaluate the new features ex Bhyve or the other LX zones or ZFS improvements you can install OmniOS bloody 151027. This is the development path to the stable 151028.

As there is a newer Perl release, you must use or update napp-it to newest 18.01d free, 18.06 or 18.09dev from today. The new releases now support 151027+.

2. asche

asche New Member

For OmniOS 151027 (bloody): I can't get around the "sudo: PAM account management error: Permission denied " error.

I note that you, gea, have stated on your napp-it homepage that

Problems with OmniOS 151027 bloody
    If you get PAM authentication error when starting napp-it, you must reset the password for user napp-it:
    At console as root, run:
    # passwd napp-it

then reboot

but it does not work - neither setting an empty password nor a new non-empty one (whether as "su" root via SSH or whether directly logged in as root via console). This is from a fresh install of bloody.

3. gea

gea Well-Known Member

When I installed the bloody, adding a password to user napp-it fixed the problem. The newer SSH implementation seems to be the reason as this does not allow empty passwords (even when the account is disabled like with user napp-it).,

Have you also added a password to root?

4. gea

gea Well-Known Member

If the permission problem persists, try the following commands

userdel napp-it
    useradd -s /bin/false napp-it
    passwd napp-it
    rm /tmp/err.log
    /etc/init.d/napp-it restart

then retry the GUI

5. asche

asche New Member

Sorry for the late reply gea, I think I might have managed to solve this issue with installing without passwords and setting a user and root password (and napp-it?) from the console (not over SSH).

In the end I went back to OmniOS stable (...26) however as I could not set up a ZFS pool from my SATA drives from the CLI. CLI set up of the pool worked under OmniOS stable.

Need to revise my setup once more anyway, so may give bloody another shot.