OmniOS 151020 stable

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
info

OmniOS 151020 stable is out
ReleaseNotes/r151020

new.

NVMe 1.1 driver
Linux LX container support (from SmartOS, beta)

USB3 support for Illumos (OmniOS, OI, SmartOS) on the way
[OmniOS-discuss] More for USB3 testers...

On updates, care about the move of Illumos from SunSSH to OpenSSH
Upgrade_to_r151020

napp-it 16.11.dev
From this release on I will remove support for older browsers to simplify the GUI code
first step: menu is css only with simple ul lists. (If you intend to modify the UI)
napp-it // webbased ZFS NAS/SAN appliance for OmniOS, OpenIndiana, Solaris and Linux : Downloads

Last edited:
Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
GOOOD to know :)

Where do we download the napp-it 16.11 dev edition package to run on baremetal with OmniOS?

Hopefully getting some Napp-It / OmniOS baremetal this week going to test a couple different SLOGs but def. need to have latest version for best support of NVME :)

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
The dev/pro editions are an update option for napp-it pro only.
New features are availabe in the next napp-it free edition for everyone.

If you or others at STH wants to try now:
You can use the following demo key for an update:
complete sth_demo - 20.12.2016::mVqmVqsmVlTTsmqVsqsmVlTTDKhO

Reactions: sth and T_Minus

yu130960

Sep 4, 2013
Canada
Hi Gea,

Just downloaded 16.11f and the menus are displaying properly in chrome. Works fine in Firefox.
Happening to anyone else?

sth

Oct 29, 2015
clear your cache....fixed my problem.

I noticed 16.12dev is available today too. Is there a changelog @gea?

manxam

Jul 25, 2015
clear your cache....fixed my problem.

I noticed 16.12dev is available today too. Is there a changelog @gea?
I suspect this is it (from HERE)
Code:
Nov 28
System > Tuning: option to limit max arc to 80% or 60% ex for many replications or other apps that require RAM

Replication: Retry a failed repication once with the former target snap
Appliance Tuning: limit"t Arc to 80% as default
Replication: show detailled RAM usage in menu Logs > Remote log and System > Basic Statistic Memory
as replication may stop with low RAM
pure css menu for easier menu customisation
http://napp-it.org/doc/downloads/advanced user.pdf

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Any idea when will we get a native (OOB) vmxnet3 driver?

Last edited:

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
From omnios-discuss:

"Hello,

Updates have been published for the following versions of OmniOS:

r151014 (LTS)
r151018 (Previous Stable)
r151020 (Current Stable)
r151021 (Bloody)

These updates provide minor security updates in tmpfs and procfs, and also adds support for NICs using the Chelsio Terminator 5 10/40Gb ASIC in the cxgbe driver. As these are updates to the kernel, they do require a reboot in order for the new BE to become active.

Per the usual, the new packages may be applied using: 'pkg update'

On behalf of the OmniOS team and OmniTI, I wish you a happy New Year!
/dale"

Happy New Year

sth

Oct 29, 2015
Thanks for the update. Have you done any benchmarking of Intel vs Chelsio adapters? Im using a Intel x520 in my Napp-it server but have a Chelsio T520-CR unused from an old FreeNAS system.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
No, I am Intel only.

Are you able to give a short impression if the Chelsio is quite similar or different on SMB and iSCSI, example with a benchmark from Windows like AJA (gives sequential videoperformance, use 4k video and RGB), ChrystalDiskmark or similar.

sth

Oct 29, 2015
I'm shutting everything down for a move but will take a look when I get settled.

dragonme

Apr 12, 2016
if running ..18... how does one pull and install the r151020 update.... without dicking anything up!!! running napp-it 11f free

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE

An OmniOS update means usually

- dismount old OmniOS repository
- mount new OmniOS repository
- pkg update

from 151018 to 020 you need an additions switch from SunSSH to OpenSSH
Upgrade_to_r151020

I would (connect Putty as root and copy/paste commands via a mouse rightclick) update to 151020
pkg install --no-backup-be --reject pkg:/network/ssh --reject pkg:/network/ssh/ssh-key --reject pkg:/service/network/ssh --reject pkg:/service/network/ssh-common pkg:/network/openssh pkg:/network/openssh-server

pkg unset-publisher omnios
pkg set-publisher -P --set-property signature-policy=require-signatures -g package repository omnios

pkg update
for updates from an older OmniOS, update to 1510180 the to 020

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Info from OmniTi (OmniOS)

If you are user of LTS (r151014) or Stable (r151020), please "pkg update" and be ready for a new BE and a reboot.

Included in this update are:

- bge fixes on HP Gen9 systems
- MSI-X for NVMe is disable on VMware (where MSI-X is a problem)
- mmap() now properly modifies a file's timestamps in ZFS.
- Default NFS server threads are now increased.
- i40e now uses multiple receive and transmit rings
- One mpt_sas panic bugfix

The install media has been updated too, as the bge fix will help HP Gen9 users. Install media pointers can be found here:

Installation

and for OmniOS bloody:

Because I'm experimenting with Kayak-for-ISO, I want to have fresh illumos-omnios bits (esp. Loader itself) on the public server. I've just pushed new packages (full build) out to the bloody repo. Update highlights include:

- AIO improvements in LX
- Some loader bugfixes
- blkdev fixes for devices with blksize > 512 bytes.
- illumos 7777 "Expose xdf minor nodes when in PV-HVM mode" fix from Delphix. We are taking this pre-integration because of its potential to help the new Kayak-based ISO installer.

I will not be cutting traditional install media, given I'm getting closer on the Kayak-for-ISO front. Existing users should "pkg update". New users should either install the old bits and upgrade, or take their chances on the WIP Kayak-for-ISO installer.

Watch this space for an updated Kayak-for-ISO, which will at least have a controlling-terminal fix in it (so you can do job control on shells, AND invoke format(1M) w/o it complaining about /dev/tty).

Happy updating!
Dan

Last edited: