Older Tyan Motherboard Ivy Bridge Bios Flash

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

radiobrain

Jan 16, 2021
I am attempting to upgrade my old machine from a dual core sandy bridge (i3-2100T) to a quad core ivy bridge (e3-1220 V2). This should be a substantial boost in performance and meet my needs for some time to come. My Tyan S5510-LE is currently on bios version 3.02 and Ivy bridge support was added on version 5.01. If i attempt to flash this version the flash utility tells me that my ROMID is incompatible.

I found this old post stating that i needed a siflash tool

"For the update to the Ivy Bridge BIOS, use the SiFlash tool that I've attached to the ticket. Intel released this as a bridge between Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge because of the ME update that is required as part of the BIOS update. The AFUDOS update tool that we use isnt able to update that portion of the BIOS. I've also attached a pdf that goes over instructions for performing the update. There is a jumper that needs to be moved prior to the update and its location is shown on the pdf file."

I have had a ticket open with Tyan for just over a week with no progress. I am not optimistic about getting support on this old product at this point. Does anyone happen to have this tool and the PDF?

ncaahockeyfan

Nov 29, 2020
Hey radiobrain. You have any luck with this? I have an
S5512WGM2NR running BIOS V1.05a and want to upgrade to an Ivy Bridge CPU but first need BIOS V2.02 - which also seems to require this extra file from Intel?

Appreciate any insights you have. Thanks