Old Supermicro 846 chassis owners rejoice! old style rack rails are here $50 + S&H

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
UPDATE: another current listing: Supermicro Server 4U Inner Outside Rail Mounting Kit MCP-290-00014-00 SC846TQ | eBay

i'm not associated with this seller, but I was looking for some bits for a client that wants a video archive server, and was looking at 846 chassis and found this listing:

Supermicro Server SC846TQ 24 Bay Wide Rails | eBay

I know my foray into the Supermicro 846 last year taught me to be careful of buying old 846 because the rack mount rails were very hard to find. Well, here they are, and no need to sell an arm and a leg either!

Listed for $50+S&H. Qty=10 available.

Last edited:

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
Great find for anyone who got stuck with an old style 836 or 846 chassis which takes the old style brass roller rails!

Be aware that these are best for a full 30" deep rack - a friend who was trying to use a rolling TrippLite 1/4 rack cabinet ended up having to cut off a few inches of the inner rails so he could close the rear doors, losing the end rollers, but it still worked OK. The "Tripp Lite 12U Rack Enclosure Server Cabinet, Mid Depth, 32.5" Deep (SR12UB)"

I actually have two older 836 units I don't need which take and include these rails, I have to update my FS/FT posting...

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Great find for anyone who got stuck with an old style 836 or 846 chassis which takes the old style brass roller rails!

Be aware that these are best for a full 30" deep rack - a friend who was trying to use a rolling TrippLite 1/4 rack cabinet ended up having to cut off a few inches of the inner rails so he could close the rear doors, losing the end rollers, but it still worked OK. The "Tripp Lite 12U Rack Enclosure Server Cabinet, Mid Depth, 32.5" Deep (SR12UB)"

I actually have two older 836 units I don't need which take and include these rails, I have to update my FS/FT posting...
@sfbayzfs LOL.. i think it was in fact you who warned me about buying old 846! thanks ...

zhoulander

Feb 1, 2016
Ahh tams... Sold the case without rails, and now selling the rails several years later. Been hunting for these for a while. Thanks!