OI-Nappit help

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Ricoks

Mar 12, 2012
I am creating an All-In-One nappit file server with my ESXI 5 server.
I am either going to add additional local storage for my other VMs (i have a 60gb ssd on one of my SATA3 ports, but have 4 other SATA2 ports to use, so why not?!) or store them on the ZFS store, not sure yet.
I am having a problem accessing napp-it, tho.
I have installed it a few times now, and I am unable to access it from a computer on my network. I can only access it from the OI VM when I use the firefox that it came with. on my office PC, IE9 finds it, I get a greyed out (accessing web gui.....) or something like that, but it just sits there.
Also,
I have created a pool and can map the drive, but I am then not able to save anything to it. says I dont have access. not sure what I'm missing. I even tried 'guest' on, and still nothing. I currently built the pool on my 4x1.5TB drives on raidz. I would like to look at a miror to mimmic RAID 10, but I havne't fig'd out how yet. can anyone let me know how to mirror 2 pools, or whatever????

thanks
Ricoks

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
Can you SSH into the server from other machines? Might be that the OI VM is not routing traffic outside the box.

Run VMs from one set of drives, then pass another controller to the OI VM for ZFS storage drives.

Get 120GB+ SSD now because price is so low compared to 60GB.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Where to store VM
- local datastore, needed for OI VM but not good for others
- NFS datastore on ZFS: you have redundancy and ZFS security, use this

if napp-it works locally on OI, check networks settings (inclunding ESXi virtual switch)
if not, redo a wget installation on a clean install (use newest OI 151.a5)

Access:
not working with guestok
- check if you have idmaps (delete)
- check ACL (needs everyone@=modify or full)

Not working without guestok
- try user root (have you done passwd root after installing napp-it)
- check ACL (user must have access)

Raid-10
- create a pool from a mirrorred vdev (=raid-1)
- add one (ore more) mirrored vdev to the pool (=raid-10)

you cannot mirror pools, you have one pool from several vdevs (a vdev is a single disk or a raid)