EU offer: import small items from the US to Europe

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JanCerny

Nov 25, 2017
Czech Republic
Hi there,

I have some low thousand USD on my PayPal account (which comes from Xeons Gold sale). Due to unfavorable exchange rates from USD to CZK, it's better for me to spend this money in the US and export purchased items to Europe.

I am offering splitting shipping costs from the US to Europe. So, you will write what you want on this thread, I will buy it and resend it using this service in one package (warehouse is located in Colorado Springs, CO 80909). I will take care of customs and import taxes and resend to you. You will pay me after receiving the package:
  1. directly to my Revolut account. Revolut has the best exchange rates, it doesn't matter, which currency is used;
  2. OR in Euros via bank SEPA transfer to my Revolut account directly. SEPA in Euros is free of charge - thanks to EU regulation;
  3. OR subcategory of cryptocurrencies - stablecoins like USD Coin or DAI;
  4. OR I also accept true crypto (BTC, XMR, ETH), but due to high volatility no more than 10 % of the total amount (it's ideal for shipping costs).

I prefer small items like SATA DOM, SSD like these Sandisk CloudSpeed Eco Gen II 1.7 TB, RAM modules, Supermicro Intel X540-T2 10GbE (AOC-STG-I2T), collection items like NVIDIA ruler, CPU clamshells, cool gadgets like DEMCiflex Magnetic Fan Dust Filters, watercooling fittings, i/s shield for cheap 96 Euro Asus Z10PA-D8 (1, 2) - info, etc. - not heavy and fragile items like servers.

Preliminary shipping costs that will share are between 2.000-5.000 CZK (depends on weight and volumetric weight) for the whole package plus 21 % VAT. Economy shipping from the Czech Republic via Ceska posta will costs around 80-200 CZK (up to 500 grams, insured) or 500 CZK via GLS or DPDgroup.

//edit: 6th July: reserved items:
items for sale - final price will be specified later!

Shipping costs will be calculated proportionally from the whole order.
For example:
- 550 USD my stuff
- 50 USD your stuff
- 100 USD shipping
- 147 USD (actually 3490 CZK) 21 % VAT calculated from 700 USD
= whole import costs 247 USD
=> you will pay 8,33 % from 247 (20,57 USD)

//edit2: It must be done before 16th July.
//edit3: Czech post price list - cheapest option with tracking and insurance

Last edited:

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
That's very generous of you OP, do you also import laptops by any chance? I still want a CF-31 Mk5 but I baulk at paying €300 just for shipping and customs, F that.

Last edited:

JanCerny

Nov 25, 2017
Czech Republic
Use Polonez Parcel Service to further optimize your costs. I have been using them for over a decade.
Thank you for the tip, but my communication skills in English are not good. This is the reason, why I prefer a local company. I have good experience with ShipExUs.cz since 2016.

...I still want a CF-31 Mk5...
W/ or w/o battery? I am not sure if transporting lithium-ion batteries as cargo is restricted.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Thank you for the tip, but my communication skills in English are not good. This is the reason, why I prefer a local company. I have good experience with ShipExUs.cz since 2016.

W/ or w/o battery? I am not sure if transporting lithium-ion batteries as cargo is restricted.
I'm pretty sure you cannot ship batteries on their own, but inside a laptop it's OK.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
I'm pretty sure you cannot ship batteries on their own, but inside a laptop it's OK.
To/From/Inside the USA you can carry a lithium battery on an airplane as a passenger. But you cannot check it to the cargo hold or ship it via air cargo w/out special permit. It has to go ground (or water...). Even if it is installed in a system like a laptop.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
To/From/Inside the USA you can carry a lithium battery on an airplane as a passenger. But you cannot check it to the cargo hold or ship it via air cargo w/out special permit. It has to go ground (or water...). Even if it is installed in a system like a laptop.
Ouch, there goes my plans of importing a laptop. Guess i'll have to find a acquintance or something that regularly comes to NL from the USA and ask him/her to bring it.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Ouch, there goes my plans of importing a laptop. Guess i'll have to find a acquintance or something that regularly comes to NL from the USA and ask him/her to bring it.
If its a laptop and they can carry it as hand-baggage they could still help you.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
That is not correct. Lithium batteries can go via international air mail so long as they are not loose. They have to be installed in the device they are intended for, so laptops qualify. See: 622 Mailable Hazardous Materials | Postal Explorer

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Following this thread with interest, if OP is legit I might consider ordering a 31 Mk5 off eBay.

JanCerny

Nov 25, 2017
Czech Republic
439 CZK (GLS Export) or 495 CZK (DPD Private Europe) for 2 kgs cardboard box 25x15x20 cm, from the Czech republic to Netherland. But I am not sure if this small box enough.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
439 CZK (GLS Export) or 495 CZK (DPD Private Europe) for 2 kgs cardboard box 25x15x20 cm, from the Czech republic to Netherland. But I am not sure if this small box enough.
With prices like that I might aswell buy it directly from eBay and get both.