Of BBQ and Virtualization Why Large Nodes Reign

• Thread starter Patrick Kennedy
  • Start date
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
So apparently this is my worst video of the last 10 by a long margin. Maybe a bad day to publish it. More likely it sucked. Sorry guys.

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
again, where do you live?... ;) I may need to do a road trip this weekend... I could get to the Bay area from Seattle in time for your cookout tomorrow...

you are making some of these articles too delicious...

Chris

JediAcolyte

May 29, 2020
US
I thought it was very well thought out. I liked it. I also got first comment so that doesn't hurt...
It was useful for explaining to us noobs why the smaller/lower end servers aren't in as high of demand as the larger capacity boxes.

Reactions: Patrick

elag

Dec 1, 2018
So apparently this is my worst video of the last 10 by a long margin. Maybe a bad day to publish it. More likely it sucked. Sorry guys.
I loved it. I like the somewhat informal tone, still giving some good food for thought...
Are you inviting all STH users to the party?

Reactions: JediAcolyte

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hahaha! I have a feeling I would need a MUCH bigger house/ backyard/ smoker to do that.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Rough seeing this get so few views and losing 100+ subs today (likely bots but still!)

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I am amused and think it was good for people to learn the basics rather than somebody launching into discussion the finer details of it in a technical way leading to the discussions of CPU ready time in ESX etc.
just makes me hungry :)

Reactions: Patrick

Bob T Penguin

Dec 16, 2015
Hay @Patrick
I'm over in England, but have visited the US quite a bit. US BBQ is the best!!
Would you mind sharing the ingredients in your BBQ rub...I'm planning my own virtualization BBQ project and thought I'd ask for some tips.
Bob

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Depends on what I am making a bit.

For pork, people like Bad Byron's better than my rub.

For beef, I am Kosher salt (coarse) + black pepper + paprika + a bit of garlic and onion.

Wood wise, I have been using hickory + apple + cheery pellets blended but sometimes add in a few others.