ODROID H2+ available

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Not really a great deal (pricewise) even if its great bang for the buck in your opinion, is it;)

Reactions: csp-guy

gardar

Nov 15, 2012
With those realtek nics I don't agree that it's perfect for a firewall... At least not on a Linux or bsd based one...

Reactions: fmyhr

Firebug24k

Apr 12, 2017
I like it, it's cute. Nice if you need something with a lot of ram and an x86 processor in that form factor, I don't think there's much competition.

Jannis Jacobsen

Mar 19, 2016
Norway
This makes this a hard no for my use cases.

Please manually install Realtek RTL8125B driver to activate the Ethernet ports. Otherwise the Ethernet ports don’t work due to a missing device driver in Linux Kernel.

Flazabancy

Dec 20, 2018
A 2.3ghz cpu isn't that great for a firewall that runs Openvpn; at least on a gigbit internet connection. Still looks like a great little platform and probably will buy one to play with.

Reactions: csp-guy

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
This makes this a hard no for my use cases.

Please manually install Realtek RTL8125B driver to activate the Ethernet ports. Otherwise the Ethernet ports don’t work due to a missing device driver in Linux Kernel.
I believe the drivers are native in kernel 5.3 and newer - which means native in Ubuntu 20.04 and Proxmox 6.2.

They'd still be a manual install in Centos 8.2 (which still uses the rather ancient Kernel that RH pushed on them). But then again, almost any new hardware would require driver installs on a 4.18 based kernel.

In any case - I ordered one just to play with.

Reactions: lowfat and csp-guy

Firebug24k

Apr 12, 2017
Oof, shipping from hardkernel direct is expensive (South Korea). Ameridroid (US reseller) should have them in stock in a few weeks, I'll probably hold off.

madbrain

Jan 5, 2019
With those realtek nics I don't agree that it's perfect for a firewall... At least not on a Linux or bsd based one...
Is there anything wrong with those Realtek 2.5 Gbps NICs, other than being too new and not part of older Linux/BSD distros ?

This seems like an ideal platform for a wired router, for the day Comcast brings fiber (>1 Gbps) to my neighborhood. Sadly, hell will probably freeze over before that happens.

Reactions: Fritz