OCZ R4 Z-Drive Windows 64bit driver

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

keasley

Apr 21, 2016
Need some assisstance. I have PCIe OCZ R4 Z-Drive CM88 800Gb, with 2.25 firmware and BIOS 1.6.4-1084. I would love to get the proper drivers for the SSD. OCZ's site does not have the proper drivers and I can not find the drivers on the web. lspci states the drive is "OCZ SCSI Controller Device 1084 rev2", linux see the drive as 8 separate 100gb drives, which is correct since I can't install drivers for it in linux either. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I do have several ocz10xx.inf and other files along with the "inf", including from Windows catalog but no joy. Again, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Currently located somewhere in Afghan, trying to get this card running.

keasley

Apr 21, 2016
When installing on a new OS install, loading the most current or any of the previous driver is no joy. Currently my setup is a Dell T3610, E5-1650, 32GB PC3-1600R. I have the OCZ CM88 on the 2nd PCI-e x16 slot. I did try the PCI-e x8 slot that is on the C600 chipset and no joy there also. What I will do tonight is, plug the card into the PHY PCI-e x8 (x4 electrical) slot to see if that will take. If not, I will install the OS on a 2.5" SSD and then clone to the OCZ CM88 to see if will boot up. thanks for the reply.

William

May 7, 2015
What OS ? Server 2016 ?

Uninstall OCZ drivers, reboot. Let Windows find hardware and install the drivers it wants. Check benches.

I pretty much only use Windows 10 with my RD400 and have no issues. But I hear that these drives have issues with Server 2016 and many are getting good performance with Windows Drivers.

keasley

Apr 21, 2016
Thanks again for the reply. I figured it out, it was not a HW or SW issue, but a human. I had the windows boot usb plugged into the USB3.0 vice 2.0. Once switched around, all is good, both HW & SW is working perfectly. Wasn't evening thinking about the USB. Sorry for taking up your time. But boy, is that card fast. I do have another coming in for $235 off ebay. Thanks again.

Reactions: William

William

May 7, 2015
Good to hear !!! :)
I hate it when stuff like that happens HAHAHA :)

Yeah those are good drives that's for sure :)