OCuLink to PCIe

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

efschu3

Mar 11, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: 3nodeproblem

themuteboy

Aug 10, 2020
I'm needing to ask to same question. I deciced to get in touch with Asus to try and get an answer - i orginally sent this: Due to the case and large graphics card I don't have any PCie slots left. I thought I could use the Oculink connection but I can't find an oculink to Pcie cable, is this possible?
This was the answer: Then via PCIE extentions cables that might work, we have no however officially tested so, so cannot ensure full compatibility.

i'm still searching but if anyone has any ideas on this it would be appreciated.

The above seems like it could work - efschu3 did you try it?

EdwardTwiss

Nov 16, 2016
@efschu3 or anyone else did you get this working? I have a KNPA-U16 and was looking at adding PCIe cards through oculink cables and adapters (which I already have)

EdwardTwiss

Nov 16, 2016
@efschu3 thanks. Did you need to change anything in the bios to get it working? Does it work on all six of the oculink ports?
Which bios version are you using? I have an ES Rome CPU so can't really upgrade past the bios version that first enables Rome CPU support.
I tried with a oculink x4 to PCIe x16 adpater with sata power connection and couldn't get it to work but maybe that wasn't enough power for a GPU.

efschu3

Mar 11, 2019
A GPU may needs up to 75W, could be the reason.

I only tried it with some NVMe PCIe devices.

efschu3

Mar 11, 2019
But I used oculink to m.2 and m.2 to pcie - but actual that should not make a difference

EdwardTwiss

Nov 16, 2016
I'll try different adapters. The GPUs have double 8 pin power cables going into them and they aren't drawing too much from the PCIe slots but it could be lack of power. I have ordered adapters with 24 pin power going to them.
Thanks for your input!