NVME Micron 11TB 9200 Series ECO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

donedeal19

Jul 10, 2013
I have bought a several 2tb from this seller with best offers. Would have bought some of these instead if they were selling it before I made my order.
Not affiliated with the seller just passing on the deal.
Use best offer for a cheap 11tb drive only 3 left in stock. And 2 2tb just added last night.

Reactions: Samir

donedeal19

Jul 10, 2013

Sorry this one. He made me great deals for me.
And as Easyrhino pointed out an offer for 575$ shipped coming out to 52$ per tb or 50$ per tb if they would accept 560$. I looked at the specs and they show 16pb for 4k write loads.
So great deal I have to pass on. And thought I should share here.

Last edited:

donedeal19

Jul 10, 2013
This seller is has a low seller rates 8 but I took advantage of the best offer and I'm happy with the purchases, they arrived now my kids pc have storage for all his 100gb games.

donedeal19

Jul 10, 2013
After buying all of this intel 2tb he had listed including some he did not list yet, mentioned that he will be adding more drives for sale that was micron 11tb for the same price as the other seller 575$. I didn't put in a offer.
Was kinda giving out a hints to give someone a chance to put in a offer.
Was not interested due to my fixed budget. Fast forward to today I decided share my experience with the seller and maybe someone else would benefit from it.
I am more of an reader here than making posts, just making my contribution.

donedeal19

Jul 10, 2013
Its most likely due to over provision going on here 16pb. I took an quick look at the max version and it looks like if you over provision this eco version to 60% It would become a max version in possibly theory which has 34pb. That can be another way to use it.
My vision was a Low power sff with one or two of these will be under 60-70 watts idling power.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Watch it have some funky firmware where after a few TB of writes it just shuts down. Heh..
I don't think the seller would be selling them if they thought they'd have problems like this--or from the fact that generally es models are never supposed to be sold or enter the public market...

Weapon

Oct 19, 2013
now my kids pc have storage for all his 100gb games.
About the only data I’d trust to an ES drive on what I’m assuming is consumer hardware without ECC memory and a non ZFS file system.

So not for me but thanks for sharing OP. Also your kid is spoiled.

• Haha

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
About the only data I’d trust to an ES drive on what I’m assuming is consumer hardware without ECC memory and a non ZFS file system.

So not for me but thanks for sharing OP. Also your kid is spoiled.
These SSDs would be great for my OptiPlex seedbox since it's got data I can afford to lose.

donedeal19

Jul 10, 2013
This site introduced me to es cpus about 15 years ago? It was about the risk to reward experience for me. And everything on this site has an high risk to reward ratio..
But knowing the pros and cons to what you are purchasing to implement in your scenario is the key.
Those same questions and concerns about es production, account or firmware issues I looked into before making this post here. I didn't find anything bad about it.
We are buying 10tb drives with 30k to 40k power on times in batches of 10. Dealing with 2 lossed drives and weeks of lost time. Custom jbods, hba, network switches and cards to cross flash ect.

There is several threads about different servers dirt cheap servers you can buy to build out your home lab. Everything has a risk to reward.

The deals I come across don't look like a deal at first site. But I will try to contact the seller to negotiate a deal within what is fair and my in working budget.
Recent Example like 5-7$ per TB SAS drives. 30 to 60$ per TB nvmes, 100$ brocade icx 7150-c12p and 7250-48p, countless ssd ect. Last week deal was 6 2TB intel dc p4510 like new for 650$. Some sellers don't like to sit on inventory and offer other deals.

I appreciate all the knowledge being passed down through this community, all contributed thanks for sharing and taking a risk to find out a possible deal. An big thank you!

Tldr, knowing those risks I would not offer anything above 550$ /50 per TB is too much for me to risk.