nvme hw raid at 300Gbps R/W

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jpmomo

Aug 12, 2018
After tweaking for a couple of weeks and thanks to a lot of help from folks on this forum, I was able to finally optimize some of my testing. The main test case was trying to sort out the potential bottlenecks of the dell perc h755n. In parallel, I had a project for work that was just trying to get the most raw seq r/w throughput for some T&M sw that we make. In regards to that second effort, I was able to generate appox 300Gbps R/W sequential throughput. I realize that this is just a synthetic benchmark that is not relevant to most use cases. But some empirical data is still important at least for reference. The best case scenario was with an optimized crystaldisk test. We also did some fio tests with other systems and on different datastores. Again, thanks for the help of a lot of folks on STH that pointed me in the right direction. enjoy!

1622866588954.png

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Are you even testing the NVME drives themselves testing 1GB only though ?

Benchmark screenshot not too informative lacking drive info, and rest of setup ;) please share.

jpmomo

Aug 12, 2018
tested with 100GB files using fio and raid controller doesn't do any caching so 1GB doesn't seem to impact.

2 x highpoint 7505 in cross-sync.
4 x 1TB nvme m.2 wd850 black ssds in each 7505
server= 1 x amd epyc 7502