NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
i am trying to mod bios for x10drh-cln4 (following the guide on win-raid). but i have some problems.

MMTool v4.50 doesnt see CSMCORE. and inserting ffs-file in the line with DXE gives error when trying to save the bios-file.

MMTool v5.02 neither sees CSMCORE, but shows lots of entries with DXE in it.

i cann.t use UEFITOOL v0.27 because there are PAD-files inside the bios-file. win-raid recommends to use MMTool in this case.

anyone knows how to fix this? or help??

EDIT-1: just for test tried the steps for the bios of OP post...modding this bios without any issue from MMTool v4.50. trying to say that mmtool works/runs normal on my laptop

Last edited:

sebastianroehling

Oct 30, 2019
Hello, i don't geht ist to Work.
My Mainboard is a supermicro x9dri-F

I used a Samsung 960 evo and a Crucial p1.

Flashing the BIOS was no Problem.
Nur in can't find the SSD in the Installation of Windows used different drivers.

I also make a Copy of the system on the crucial SSD but dont find it in the boot Options.
I think perhaps one of the other bios configs are wrong...
Can anyone help ne?
Whath can i do to find the issue?

Last edited:

Eddie666

Feb 27, 2020
Hi. Thanks to this thread i successfully mod the bios of my supermicro X9DRI-LNF4+, and now that's what i got:

TommyL

Jul 7, 2019
Sorry for the late reply. Still interested?

Hi, could i have a copy too?

Hi to everyone; just few days ago i finish my built, and I'm quite satisfied.....the only thing that i'd like to improve is the hard drive section, using a pcie- nvme drive as boot drive

CPUs: dual cpu xeon 2667 v2
Ram: 64gb di ram ECC DDR3 1600mhz
Motherboard: supermicro x9dri-ln4f+ EE-ATX
Cpu Cooler: N°2 Arctic freezer 33
First Hard disk: SSD Crucial BX 480gb
Second Hard disk: 1tb 2,5" 7200rpm
Gpu: Gainward GTX 1080 GS Phoenix
Psu: Enermax revolution 1000w 80+
Case: deepcool matrexx mesh;
PCI-E USB 3.0
PCI-E AUDIO: ASUS XONAR DGX
Usb Bluetooth
Usb Wi-Fi dual band
Fan: N°6 rgb fans + led stripe, all managed by a remote controller

tonyjadd

May 12, 2020
Owner of X9DRI-LN4F and X9DRH-7TF boards here.

You can boot exclusively via nvme if you plug a usb stick into the internal usb port; and put the /boot and /boot/efi partitions on it.

I've got NVME drives in both of those boards through the use of PCIE adapters (like the one you linked). They work fine and Kodi nox appear to the host with no problems. :p

Last edited:

TomSwift

May 14, 2020
TommyL, I just registered to ask for a copy of the modded 3.3 bios for x9dri-ln4f+, thanks!

sksatech

May 14, 2020
Hi,

I still cannot make my x9dri-ln4f to boot using my PCIE NVME.

FYI, before i update using the modded bios given by TommyL, my bios version is already 3.3 .

I'm using IPMI to update the bios, it shows as completed.

But, after restart when i check in BIOS boot menu, it still shows hard drive as PATA.

Anybody can help me on this ?

Attachments

sksatech

May 14, 2020
Hi,

I still cannot make my x9dri-ln4f to boot using my PCIE NVME.

FYI, before i update using the modded bios given by TommyL, my bios version is already 3.3 .

I'm using IPMI to update the bios, it shows as completed.

But, after restart when i check in BIOS boot menu, it still shows hard drive as PATA.

Anybody can help me on this ?

I managed to get it working, it was my mistake not setting the target of usb drive as uefi.

In my case..i'm using centos 7 and partition using gpt and target uefi system.

Now the bios can boot to my installation finely.

Reactions: TommyL

hasaarin

May 19, 2020
Hi Guys,

Looking for model x9DAI 3.3 bios with nvme mod done to it. Can anyone give me hand on this. Many thanks.

Volt

Jun 13, 2020
Would the bios mod you made
TommyL, work for an x9dr3-f board?? Because if it does, might i also request a copy please??