NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

eholyst

Mar 16, 2017
@Smeden - I have sent you the BIOS you requested in a PM. I do them myself.

@Ben Vermeulen - I have sent you the BIOS you requested in a PM. Keep in mind this only adds NVME support nothing to do with bifurcation.

Ben Vermeulen

Apr 6, 2017

@Ben Vermeulen - I have sent you the BIOS you requested in a PM. Keep in mind this only adds NVME support nothing to do with bifurcation.
Much appreciated!

Any idea on how I would add the bifurcation support (I saw the link to the old forum here, but not sure which part you have to modify for the bifurcation as this old forum link specifies adding NVME support)?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Any idea on how I would add the bifurcation support (I saw the link to the old forum here, but not sure which part you have to modify for the bifurcation as this old forum link specifies adding NVME support)?
you can not add Bifurcation support. you can only unhide hidden BIOS options and hope the BIOS code takes care of it.
edit:
AMIBCP, SCEWIN, AMISCE, Ru.efi

Smeden

Feb 13, 2024
Denmark

Great job & Thank you very much for your help. :)
I have tried to locate the "Bios driver injection" -guide from the old win-raid forum ( now located on winraid.level1techs.com ), but with no luck.

A good thing is that the Bios on the X9SRI-f allready supports bifurcation.
If the modded bios adds the native nvme support, then hopefully I will be able to create a bootable Raid-1. ;)

Best regards
Niels

ChongZhiJie

Feb 19, 2024
@eholyst Can you send me about X9SRL-F NVMe Bootable ? Becuase I have plan to use Install PromoxVE in Intel P4510 U.2 SSD on this motherboard to make my all in one homelab. Thanks

Rwalker83

Dec 24, 2020
@eholyst I would also like a bios for the X9SRL-F and the X9DRH-7F, or the where the proper mod documentation is, this will be used to boot Proxmox off an Intel NVMe connected to slot 7. Thank you very much for this.

Tonyklem

Mar 1, 2024
I'm looking to run an X9DRD-iF, booting to NVMe with two RTX 3090s. I'd be ok with using clover to boot from NVMe and was planning to do that but It seems like the board isn't even seeing that there is a device attached. The PCIe 8x to m.2 adapter has LEDs on it that normally illuminate when functioning and I'm not even seeing those come on at all. I have the NVMe in slot 7, one GPU in slot 6 and the second GPU in slot 3.

Anyone have some insight as to how I can make this configuration work? Also, why the board wouldn't be seeing the drive or even seeming to power it in any way? Any insight would be much appreciated!

legindm

Mar 20, 2024
Hello.

Can I please have a copy of the firmware allowing nvme boot on the Supermicro X9DRI-F ? Corrected the missing message

Please help me.

Thanks.