NVMe: 2.5" SFF drives working in a normal desktop

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kkisme

Jul 30, 2015
"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
Yes, it has been sold out. We need to wait until after New Year's Day 2016 will have the goods.
Yes, I am the seller, but also the manufacturer.

R.Zoli

Sep 5, 2015
Yes, it has been sold out. We need to wait until after New Year's Day 2016 will have the goods.
Yes, I am the seller, but also the manufacturer.
Hi!

I have a Micron P320h 2.5" PCI-express SSD-s. A 175 Gb P320h 2.5" version. I want to use it through an Asus hyper m2 kit in an Asus Rampage 5 extreme board's m2 slot. I bought this cable to connect the drive: ‌http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291625084988?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My problem is that I didn't see drive in the BIOS and even under windows 10... The drive is under power and stone cold after 30 minutes... It seems like not powered or soemthing wrong... Have you got any idea? Thanks!

kkisme

Jul 30, 2015
Hi!

I have a Micron P320h 2.5" PCI-express SSD-s. A 175 Gb P320h 2.5" version. I want to use it through an Asus hyper m2 kit in an Asus Rampage 5 extreme board's m2 slot. I bought this cable to connect the drive: ‌http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291625084988?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My problem is that I didn't see drive in the BIOS and even under windows 10... The drive is under power and stone cold after 30 minutes... It seems like not powered or soemthing wrong... Have you got any idea? Thanks!

I think the problem comes from Asus M.2.

Because of the above Win 2008 version of the system comes with the drive. No additional driver installation.

You can buy our products in the next week.

Our product does not require such a complex connection.

R.Zoli

Sep 5, 2015
I think the problem comes from Asus M.2.

Because of the above Win 2008 version of the system comes with the drive. No additional driver installation.

You can buy our products in the next week.

Our product does not require such a complex connection.
Ok, but why not heating up the drive? If I only connect the power connector then it should heat up...or am I wrong? I think that I should connect a normal SAS connector to this drive and watch it heat up or not...The power pins layout is the same on a SAS and SFF-8639 connector...

kkisme

Jul 30, 2015
Ok, but why not heating up the drive? If I only connect the power connector then it should heat up...or am I wrong? I think that I should connect a normal SAS connector to this drive and watch it heat up or not...The power pins layout is the same on a SAS and SFF-8639 connector...

You have purchased Funtin NVMe SSD Adapter?

R.Zoli

Sep 5, 2015
That I do not know why, but, NVMe SSD lot of heat.

The reason I suggest you consult the ASUS M.2 seller.

Next week you can buy Funtin Adapter in the Amazon.

:):):):)
I have a bad feeling that the drive is fault... I purchased is as used, but...

R.Zoli

Sep 5, 2015
Should not be a problem of NVMe SSD , many people buy USED on Ebay.

Ok, but it could be that this drive is bad... I have no other idea... Not heating up, not working, in the UEFI I didn't see it, I enable the asus hyper kit using in the uefi, m2 connector is enable... I can not make anything else....

kkisme

Jul 30, 2015
Not all motherboards can be used to do NVME SSD boot disk!

You need to check whether your motherboard supports NVMe SSD as a boot disk.

If can not , in the UEFI you will can not see it .

R.Zoli

Sep 5, 2015
Not all motherboards can be used to do NVME SSD boot disk!

You need to check whether your motherboard supports NVMe SSD as a boot disk.

If can not , in the UEFI you will can not see it .
It's support nvme as boot disk.... Asus rampage 5 extreme, x99 board... Natively support nvme. But if it's not support the drive, it shuould heat up anyway if I plug the power connector or am I wrong?

kkisme

Jul 30, 2015
Generally, there will be no other problems. Are there extra NVME SSD test?

Make a photo, use your cellphone

Naeblis

Oct 22, 2015
Folsom, CA
Last edited: