Nutanix CE Picky with NICs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ewer0012

Feb 10, 2019
Hello,

I've been trying to get my Nutanix Cluster up for a while, now, and have been having some issues along the way... The current one is that I can't get it to use any of the 10Gbe NICs I've bought for it (Luckily the orders from eBay have come damaged and I've been able to test out the NICs before returning them).

I've tried multiple SolarFlare cards (what I had in my big box of NICs), 4x x520-DA2, and a T580-LP-CR 40Gbe card, just to see if it would recognize it, which it did not.

The Nutanix CE portal isn't super helpful with their list of compatible HW, since it just says, "Intel Based NIC."

I'm going to be hitting this cluster pretty hard, so I want to have 2x 10Gbe on each node. It's working on 1Gbe, but if I start doing too much on it, data-wise, with 4x 1Gbe ports on each node, it starts to bog down when it's doing its vSAN work (I guess) and network transfer speeds from my VMs will drop to ~10MB/s :(.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!