Nothing to see here - _alex is broke

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Nice find. I prefer the direct attach 'A' or 'TQ' these days, but if you want an expaander backplane this is definitely the one you want. Somebody should jump on these!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
How much i'd like to get them both, also for the 2x 2.5" backplane on the rear !
Wish this offer would popup in eu, USD 287 shipping plus import vat is simply too much :(

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
No Rails, PSU and Airduct.
But, even without, imho still more than worth when buying in US.
How much lower was the price before?
I'm still not finished to accept the freight/import VAT on them :rolleyes:

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
doh ... did the math for shipping/customs, took into account i have rails/psu's/airducts and started bo well below, finally ended with 200/each

will replace 2x 826 that have no rear drives and sas2 expander, but should really stop watching here :confused:

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
Wonder what the other 4 offers he had at this time were ...
Not sure if i'm really happy atm - need a way to explain this to my girl, too lol

But these units are so nice, couldn't forgive myself not a least trying a bo on them :D
2x 2.5" in the back can save from the need to add JBOD-Units. Also decided against replacing with 846, as i might go ceph for a part of the storage somewhen. So more nodes for sure are better than bigger nodes with more disks in each ...

Reactions: forroden

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
LoL on the topic ...

I was in doubt a bit too, but even with freight / VAT this came to an amount i had payed in EU, too.

Will do a mayor upgrade on the colo-rack in autumn, only willing to do any changes once a year as it's quite distant and not really fun working on a running cluster.

Going from 3 nodes to 5 to have some higher-freq CPU for some Workload and make a foundation for going CEPH somewhen. Also changing IB/10G infrastructure on this visit.

Currently have 1x 847 with SAS3 Expander, x9dri-ln4f+, LSI 3000 and Dual 2670 and 2x 826 with x9dri-f, SAS2 Expander, LSI 9207 and Single 2670

Will add 2x x10srl-f, 1620v3, uncertain HBA atm, and most certainly shuffle the boards from the current 826 to those chassis and putting these 2 boards to the present 826, eventually to an A-Backplane and use some SATA from the X10 in addition to the LSI. Also thought about upgrading to 2x 846 for the x9dri and putting the x10 in the 826.

Still not sure how it will exactly look in the end, initially planned the 2 new X10 Nodes for 825 i have, ironically wired them monday for burn-in :D