Not enough memory to load PCI Option ROM.....

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Just put together a Workstation consisting of the following -

Supermicro X8DAL-i motherboard
2 X Intel X5675 CPU's
Intel S3700 400GB SSD
Hitachi 3TB Spinner
96gb DDR3 ECC RAM
Dell H310 Flashed to IT mode and Avago BIOS
GTX 750 Graphics Card

During post I'm getting the message "Not Enough Memory to Load PCI Option ROM.". I'm pretty sure it's related to the H310. I am booting from it and I think that may be the cause of the above message. I haven't experienced any problems, the system performs normally. Just wondering if I need to worry about this or ignore it.

Thanks.

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Edit: Disregard I can't read and you said you are booting from it. You may be able to disable other option ROMs though.

Since you don't need to access the Option ROM on a IT Mode card (assuming you aren't booting from it) you should be able to turn off PCI Option ROM in the BIOS for that slot (and any others you don't need) double upside get rid of message and boot faster.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I went through the BIOS and everything pertaining to option roms is disabled. Haven't check the HBA itself. I'm running several H310's in IT mode and never encountered this before.