Norco 4224 with Antec 26" rails - anyone tried this?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ct991

Apr 18, 2011
Vancouver
I've been reading about the debacle that is the Norco RL-26 rails (they were ball-bearing but too wide for most racks, but now are much cheaper rails without bearings) so I've decided that I'm not even going to attempt playing with them.

I've come across these rails from Antec: http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NDY=

Has anyone tried to use these with a Norco case? I realize that it would require modification of the case, ie. drilling new holes, but would these be a better option compared to the RL-26 rails?

john4200

Jan 1, 2011
The picture is not very sharp. For all I can tell, those COULD be the old ball-bearing RL-26 rails. A lot of companies used to sell the same rails under their own name.

ct991

Apr 18, 2011
Vancouver
I suspected this as well. I don't suppose Antec would admit who manufactures their rails though. Maybe there's someone out there who's purchased both.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I got three sets of the ball bearing RL-26 rails from Norco and racked my RPC-4220 last night. Very easy especially since I have a square hole rack. Will probably be trying with the RPC-4224 and RPC-470 next week.