Norco 4224 and Supermicro board compatibility?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
First post yay! (I'll post some of my existing infrastructure later)

I'm looking to do a freenas/unraid build (still undecided on that, but leaning towards unraid for the plex hardware transcoding) with a norco 4224 case and a dual 2011 v1/v2 mobo w/ 12+ ram slots and 5-6 pcie 8x slots at least 1 x 16 for a gpu (I have access to a bunch of h310's rather than buying an expander).

The ideal board I've found is something like this: Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X9DR7-LN4F

Both the board and case say they are e-atx, my concern is that the board says its 12.1" x 13" (30.7cm x 33.2cm).
If the extra 2cm is at the top I think it should be fine, theres some give near the PSU.
However if its at the bottom, based off the pictures I've seen of the user pictures it might be right up against or too close to the case sidewall.

Anyone have a similar sized board in the norco case by chance or any thoughts on if it likely to be an issue?

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
Both the board and case say they are e-atx, my concern is that the board says its 12.1" x 13" (30.7cm x 33.2cm).
Isn't 12x13" the EATX size...? Same physical size as EEB, but with screw holes in slightly different places.

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Isn't 12x13" the EATX size...? Same physical size as EEB, but with screw holes in slightly different places.
I believe you’re correct in the same size but different mounting holes (3 of the holes differ).

That being said these aren't old enough to be eeb, both sites say they’re e-atx forms, but the 12” standard vs the 12.1” of the board height(width?) is the concern.