Noob Question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rdl

Jan 11, 2021
I have been monitoring the mellanox setups that have been discussed here and I have a couple of questions. I'm looking at picking up a managed switch and I had read something about IBM but I cannot remember if they were ok to use or not. So the question is using the HP software for the updates can this be applied to a IBM brand switch or a pure Mellanox switch or only a HP branded ?

Alot of the threads I've have been reading are fairly old, so I'm wondering if there is still any one here that would be willing to point a noob down the path to getting a fully working switch.

Thanks

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Can't go wrong with HP switches. I have 3 that have been running 24/7 for years with zero problems.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
So the question is using the HP software for the updates can this be applied to a IBM brand switch or a pure Mellanox switch or only a HP branded ?
I'm not sure if your question is about the "mellanox setups"...
(If yes: I'm using a mlnx-os image from ibm/lenovo with a hp(e) branded mellanox 6036. The image can be used on vanilla and oem versions of the mellanox switches)