No system inventory in IPMI interface for new Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T mobo and Epyc 7443P cpu

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Mace

Feb 3, 2021
Well, that sucks! How long did you have the board and what was wrong with the nic? Asking because every now and then the top nic looses connection and I have to disable and enable it in the OS to get it working again.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Asking because every now and then the top nic looses connection and I have to disable and enable it in the OS to get it working again.
the x550 gets hot and disables itself at high temp without any interrupt/notice.
edit: this behaviour can be changed by driver.
keep it cool, check the TIM between chip&Heatsink.

Last edited:

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
Just an FYI, my board had one of the 10gbe ports go bad a month ago, I've been in an RMA process with ASRock.

I was told that because of supply issues they have a different revision of the board with BCM57416 controller instead of the original Intel X550's. I was told everything else is the same.

They have a new page for the BCM version: ASRock Rack > ROMED8-2T/BCM
It requires different BIOS/BMC.

I'm still waiting on ASRock to ship me the replacement.

It's nice of them to contact me and ask whether I'd like the BCM revision instead of the Intel.

Does anyone have an input regarding the BCM57416 10gbe controller? Not must information available out there...
this version also lacks the front panel USB-C connector that the earlier revision had.

shpitz461

Sep 29, 2017
Well, that sucks! How long did you have the board and what was wrong with the nic? Asking because every now and then the top nic looses connection and I have to disable and enable it in the OS to get it working again.
Had it almost a year, not sure what caused the port to go bad but it did, verified by ASRock tech as well.
Temperature could be the culprit like Rollo suggested.

this version also lacks the front panel USB-C connector that the earlier revision had.
Good catch, the BCM model doesn't list the rear-IO USB-C port, let me ask the ASRock tech about it.

Keith Myers

Oct 10, 2020
Looks like SuperMicro and HPE are also using that chip. Supported till 2036. Probably safe to use.