No longer looking (was: WANTED: High-end Dual Pentium III system/workstation)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Break out your eWaste bins, i'm after a high end PIII system. I'm after a workstation such as the IBM IntelliStation M Pro 6889, or the Dell Precision 420/620, they're dual slot 1/2 systems. I prefer a Precision because I have a period correct laptop already lol

Also looking for parts related to them such as a NVidia Quadro2 video card, Rambus RIMM RAM and SCSI drives.

Located in The Netherlands, but I got a contact in Oregon for stateside stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

lopgok

Aug 14, 2017
I have a gateway 6400. Dual pentium III 933. Uses a oem asus cur-dls motherboard. It has two 64 bit pci slots running at 33mhz, as well as some 32 bit pci slots.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I have several IBM 6589s that I purchased new. I still have their original boxes and most (if not all) are in stock condition. These are single PP180 or PP200, but I have collected some parts to make a dual PP220 1MB cache system. There was also an overdrive processor by Evergreen available for these.

Reactions: itronin

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
I have several IBM 6589s that I purchased new. I still have their original boxes and most (if not all) are in stock condition. These are single PP180 or PP200, but I have collected some parts to make a dual PP220 1MB cache system. There was also an overdrive processor by Evergreen available for these.
Pentium Pro anything is quite valuable these days, lots of CPUs have been scrapped because of the gold content of them and PPro boards in general are rather rare.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Pentium Pro anything is quite valuable these days, lots of CPUs have been scrapped because of the gold content of them and PPro boards in general are rather rare.
Good to know. Yeah, I hated seeing the scrappers getting these by the pound and destroying them. :( It was nuts that pricing a few years ago on these was better for scrap than resale.

lopgok

Aug 14, 2017
I have 2 digital equipment corporation systems, each with one pentium pro for sale. Pretty sure I also have some loose pentium pro processors for sale.

kromberg

Jan 18, 2021
This thread is a blast from the past. My first system I bought out of college was a dual PPro setup with 256MB of ram, 3 9GB SCSI drives, and a CD writer. I think I was about $2800 into it with all the other goodies for it( back in 1996, that was a sh!t pile of money ).

Reactions: itronin and Samir

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Have to halt my search, going through some real life shit so no money for fun stuff for now.