no longer getting email notices?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
i'm not sure if this is only happening to me or others too? i'm no longer getting email notices about threads or sections I'm subscribed to. when i visit the site, i get a bunch of alerts, but not the emails. i think this started happening the last few days?...

i run my own mail server and haven't seen any problems there...

Reactions: Aestr

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Should be working now. Had to buy another 25K email block from mailchimp.

muthur6k

Jun 21, 2018
Norway
I got the first 3 mails on june 23, but nothing since.
The alerts shows here when logged in.
I have been going through stuff at my end thinking the problem was here.
Thunderbird warns that it think the mail are scams - perhaps because of the mandrillapp.com link in the mails.
And of course I also changed a lot in the forums control panel so I was sure it was my own doing.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
@muthur6k this doesn't seem to be the same issue as I'm still getting alert emails (in fact I got one when you replied to this thread). What do you have checked in your messaging preferences?

muthur6k

Jun 21, 2018
Norway
Strangely enough - I got alerted of your reply by mail.
I did a test on a thread, and when unwatching and going back to watching 'no mail alert' was selected as default.
Lets hope that was all.
But I still don't get mail alerts on conversations.
Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
and receive email notifications of replies
Are both checked in preferences, and in alert preferences everything is checked.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
@Patrick It seems like I'm not consistently getting email notices again.. ?? I've gotten a few, but when I come to STH, i notice that I should have gotten more.