no display on MBD-H11DSi-NT-O rev 2 with one cpu

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Nubian

Dec 11, 2020
Is it possible to work with one CPU using MBD-H11DSi-NT-O rev 2? and how? I got no display

Last edited:

Subatomic

Mar 23, 2020
Is it possible to work with one CPU using MBD-H11DSi-NT-O rev 2? and how? I got no display
I don't know if 1 cpu is supported. I am fairly certain it doesn't work with ES chips. Have you looked at the post snoop via IPMI?

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
if you use ES cpu, then you need 2 cpu;s.
but with retail cpu;s it should work with 1 cpu installed. install the cpu in the correct socket where as2500 is connected to. check the mainboard manual for block diagram

Nubian

Dec 11, 2020
if you use ES cpu, then you need 2 cpu;s.
but with retail cpu;s it should work with 1 cpu installed. install the cpu in the correct socket where as2500 is connected to. check the mainboard manual for block diagram
I am using AMD Epyc 7302

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
For the record, OP is trying to get a signal on a monitor connected to an add-in graphics card. Afaik, H11DSI outputs to the onboard VGA port by default

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
where did you get "add-in graphic card" ? i dont see that in the OP.

even with add-in GPU you should have video output on vga-port.

another option is to check if the vga jumper is set to disable vga output.

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
Same question was also posted in a different forum. That's where the information is coming from. Indeed, you can't see that from the information presented here. That's why I thought I'd share.

Last edited:

Subatomic

Mar 23, 2020
Thanks
I am not familiar with IPMI, so how can I enter IPMI without display

You can connect to IPMI via a web interface. You just need to point you browser at the ip address for the IPMI device (this is ethernet port that sits at the end of the board away from the 2 others.