No Boot or VGA on x10sdv-tln4f

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dicecca112

Feb 10, 2016
Recently moved and after reconnecting the Power Supply for the motherboard, I'm getting no VGA output, no IPMI address, and no Network Connection. The NICs all show a connection light and traffic, but I never see the NIC attempt to ask for a DHCP Lease. I reset the CMOS on the board, booted it without addon items (Memory, PCIE devices, M2 Devices), but have had no luck. Has anyone seen this and can suggest any fixes?

Thanks,
Matt

dicecca112

Feb 10, 2016
swapped out the PSU, all the lights show power on and nothing more. Took the motherboard out of the case and no dice, same no VGA, IPMI unreachable

dicecca112

Feb 10, 2016
Just to update this. SuperMicro took a bunch of info, two days ago, but has yet to come back to me on this. Hoping it can be RMA'd.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
I ran into a slightly different issue sometime ago with a X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD. Had to disable on board VGA and used a cheap add-on pcie x1 VGA to flash the bios and SAS IT FW. I don't recall if it gave the standard beep sequence for missing VGA or not.

IPMI was toast and couldn't get it work/flash and had to disable it permanently. Board was not under warranty so didn't bother with RMA and repair cost. Everything else was Ok with the board.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dicecca112

Feb 10, 2016
The board was rmad and as well all know supermicros rma is slow so we will see what they find