No Avahi enabled with oi_151 and napp-it

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

otri

Aug 21, 2011
Bremen, Germany
I did a fresh install of OpenIndiana 148 and then directly upgraded to oi_151. Directly after I installed napp-it 0.500s and afp 2.2p6.

UPDATE: Avahi (Bonjour) is working but it is not displayed under the napp-it-About menu. There the service is not running as it was under NCP 3.1 and on the Services-AFP-Avahi menu page there's only the contents of a file displayed which seem to belong to the nexenta specific part of napp-it:

file: /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/zfsos/02_services/01_AFP/09_Avahi==nexenta/adisk.service

gea do you have an idea what the problem is about?

Regards, Oliver

Last edited:

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
I did a fresh install of OpenIndiana 148 and then directly upgraded to oi_151. Directly after I installed napp-it 0.500s and afp 2.2p6.

UPDATE: Avahi (Bonjour) is working but it is not displayed under the napp-it-About menu. There the service is not running as it was under NCP 3.1 and on the Services-AFP-Avahi menu page there's only the contents of a file displayed which seem to belong to the nexenta specific part of napp-it:

file: /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/zfsos/02_services/01_AFP/09_Avahi==nexenta/adisk.service

gea do you have an idea what the problem is about?

Regards, Oliver
Avahi on Nexenta and OpenIndiana depends on different services.
This menu of Nexenta is not needed with OI