Nexenta Core and Solaris x86 M1015/LSI 9240 driver install

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

drake3

Feb 11, 2011
Hi,

I have a Nexenta Core/Napp-it box running in my lab. It is running on a SuperMicro X8SI6-F/core i3 combo. I recently purchased a couple of M1015 controllers to play with and I tried installing the LSI solaris x86 driver.

I get the driver uncompressed, unzipped and then try the "pkgadd -d ." command, but Nexenta reports that no package is found. I tried specifying the explicit path, still the same result. I thought Nexenta Core would take the Solaris driver? Am I missing something? I guess I can reinstall Solaris over Nexenta and import my zfs pools, but I am trying to figure out if I am missing something before I put the time into that.

Something else strange, the format command core dumps with an error. Strange stuff, not sure what is going on, but the box has been running fine for about a month getting hammered with large file transfers every night.

Thanks for any help.

drake3

Feb 11, 2011
solution found - my own mistake. I thought I had to cd into the imrsas folder for the pkgadd command to find the package.

My error, I run the pkgadd command from outside the directory.

And I saw another thread that the core dump (arithmetic error) from the Solaris format command can be caused by drives that have been formatted with ext3 before. I am sure I have a couple of raw drives in my lab chassis that still have ext3 file systems on them so that may be the problem.

Also, if anyone is trying to statically set an IP with ipadm - stop the nwam service first. It will save you a bunch of time searching on why your interfaces are disabled.