Newegg via eBay: *Refurbished* Intel SSD DC S3700 Series 2.5" 800GB $200 Shipped

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Restock again, but $249.99 now
Thanks Sing. I'm in for another 2.
I hope to use them running 'chat' software.
Not as great as $200 but still a good price for what they are.

Only 18 drives left according to EBay.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks Sing. I'm in for another 2.
I hope to use them running 'chat' software.
Not as great as $200 but still a good price for what they are.

Only 18 drives left according to EBay.
Fancy chat software drives! But I have thought about buying more. I like that the 1st post link has stock again.

fossxplorer

Mar 17, 2016
Oslo, Norway
And if i didn't want to accept the cancel request?
It's kinda games they are planning with customers when they obviously had many more in stocks.
Now they have re-stocked twice after the cancellation request. I've read others here also got their orders cancel.
Frustrating practice by Newegg really!

Most likely to increase price :p

thorin

Aug 30, 2016
That's how they make money, we all like that doe :)

But yeah, I suppose it isn't any good practice nor do I believe that Newegg cares or is that good anyway.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Yeah I agree! Goods currently on sale has same item number as OP.
Ideally they should honour price for people who had goods cancelled because of 'out of stock'.
Sadly, there is little honour in business practices these days.

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013
So I bought a couple of these drives earlier and i noticed that one of them is slightly smaller by a few hundred MB's.
Seems odd because that drive also has less writes than the other.

Any idea whats up ? was going to use em in a raid array.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
So I bought a couple of these drives earlier and i noticed that one of them is slightly smaller by a few hundred MB's.
Seems odd because that drive also has less writes than the other.

Any idea whats up ? was going to use em in a raid array.
What is the OS formatting? There is a lot that can go on. For example, GPT and MBR will result in slightly different sizes.

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013
loaded em into a windows 2012 r2 box - just for testing.
The size difference shows up even when there are no partitions on the drives.
not sure what to make of it.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
If there is no data on them, convert them both to MBR just to double-check.

Reactions: nev_neo

raileon

Jun 22, 2016
Now i wonder, how could they cancel my order when they had dozens left? Reason was "out of stock".
Yeah shady stuff by newegg. I really thought the cancels were due to overselling on both websites but that's obviously not the case.

On a better note, the 4 I did get were in very good shape. I forget the actual usage numbers but nothing significant. All had warranties until June 2019. I updated the firmware on all 4 and they each passed badblocks + smart tests so I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I wont even give newegg another chance not even if these drives fell to $150 each, hell w/ em'! I'd gladly pay $50 more per drive to another distributor that actually have some resemblance of ethics to alleviate all the damned shenanigans I have had to tolerate due to utter lack of simple competence...good riddance I'm happily boycotting them FOREVER.

J--

Aug 13, 2016
@whitey Is there something specific you're referencing?

For the record, I've only had one experience where I felt Newegg ruled unfairly against me, and have had enough times that they ruled in my favor that I was able to overlook that. Versus Amazon, where the customer is always right,but Newegg doesn't charge tax in my state, so I tend to go to them before I do Amazon for things that are sold at both.

Last edited:

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Man I have had HORROR stories all over the place that I have brought to the attn in several threads over the years, you're gonna make me re-live them, that's cold blooded :-D

Let' ssee of recent memory:

3 bad X9SRL-F boards DOA, horrific return stories, even sent me my own bad board back once

2 separate Seagate expansion nightmares where I ordered a bundle of 3 (qty 2 so 6) and guess what they sent me...2 drives instead of 6, out of stock, take another week to ship, all sorts of piss poor cust svr in between dragging out for weeks, finally they refund my money after failing to fulfill and drag it out for two more weeks promising me they would make it right but never did.

NEVER any escalation or going the extra mile to make it right, half sincere apologies but no one to ACTUALLY take accountability/reigns. I could go on and on but I'm starting to cringe here.

/rant...back to a more positive note :-D

J--

Aug 13, 2016
@whitey Are you a Premier member? Not that that should matter, especially for defective goods, just trying to gather some data points.

FWIW I've returned about 5 items in 3 weeks....I've gotten refunds on 4 of the 5 so far. I have 2 more packages to go back, fingers crossed that they'll take 'em (and I won't get banned for life).

I've heard of Amazon banning customers who have deemed unprofitable for too many returns, I haven't seen any from Newegg, but I haven't searched for them either.