NewEgg [USA] : ASRock Rack X470D4U Server Motherboard : $239 [in-stock] [Black Friday deal]

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DaddyGrant

Jul 14, 2016
They were selling for a little over 300 a few months back. I bought one but it's still in box looking for a purpose.

dmarshman

Nov 24, 2019
This is the D4U and not the D4U2-2T right?

Because the latter one has 10Gb on board etc.
Yes, NewEgg has the sale on the dual 1Gb board [not the dual 10 Gb board].

TigerDirect jas the 2T in stock for $381.99 USD:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6716188&CatId=9594
[and the standard board for $258.99, but "temporarily out of stock"]

I was debating buying the 1Gb board from Tigerdirect earlier in the week [when they still had stock], and then saw the NewEgg price last night...

Jul 30, 2017
Newegg has both but only the non-10Gb version is on sale.
But you have the 10Gb version?
Little bit confused here...

In EU the D4U(2x1Gb) costs around €260 normally and has been on sale for ~€200 a couple of times.

The D4U2-2T(10Gb) costs around €340 and has been on sale for ~€300 a few times..

Not sure on US prices but they're usually a bit lower than ours. So it's not a pretty good deal I think.

Maybe you were mistaken with the D4U2-2T being over $300?

dmarshman

Nov 24, 2019
They were selling for a little over 300 a few months back. I bought one but it's still in box looking for a purpose.
Yeah, prices and availability have been all over the place recently.

I plan on using mine for a [dedicated] NAS to replace my Drobo 5C: I have a newly purchased Antec P101 case ready, and an LSI HBA on it's way, and six 8 TB WD REDs ready....

Now it's the hard part; choosing between Unraid, FreeNAS or Proxmox...*
* lots of reading and playing with test setups, but still not decided yet; I have a min-ITX, four 4 drive FreeNAS setup I've been testing for past few weeks [with some old spare drives], and I've been using my old Ryzen workstation/gaming box to test out Unraid and Proxmox this few days...

dmarshman

Nov 24, 2019
But you have the 10Gb version?
Little bit confused here...

In EU the D4U(2x1Gb) costs around €260 normally and has been on sale for ~€200 a couple of times.

The D4U2-2T(10Gb) costs around €340 and has been on sale for ~€300 a few times..

Not sure on US prices but they're usually a bit lower than ours. So it's not a pretty good deal I think.

Maybe you were mistaken with the D4U2-2T being over $300?
No mistakes... ;-) [There are other threads in this forum about pricing / availability issues with this board].

I think the MSRP for the X470 is ~$259 USD, but it's been selling for >$300 USD for past few months in the USA... and the 2T [ dual 10 Gb] for well over $400 USD*...
*e.g. cheapest price via NewEgg.com today is $499 USD for the 2T...

One of the few times something is actually cheaper in Europe versus US... likely just not enough of them being distributed in the USA...

Last edited: